• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note8 Shipping Thread

Interesting, I wonder why the difference based on Carrier? I bought the unlocked version directly from samsung.com

Yeah, not sure. I ordered mine on verizon's business website. I still have the box from my S7e, and that was in Korea as well.

Got mine today 9/7. US-Texas-Houston. I guess they float...

Interestingly, it came with. 256GB card. I thought the freebie was a 128GB card.

Not complaining...

FWIW
DLM

Hell yeah! This is the second time I've heard this today about the card. I hope I get that as well. As mentioned in another thread, I got the 256 card last year with the note 7, and chose the card and charger this year because I want the charger, but don't have a use for a 128 card, but would certainly be happy with a spare 256.

Upvote 0
upload_2017-9-7_17-0-51.jpeg

Upvote 0
I ordered my Note 8 through Sprint's website early Tuesday morning.... I received tracking info on Wednesday night at 11:59 pm. It said my package wpuld be delivered by end of day on 9-8-17, which is today, Friday. The latest tracking info on the UPS website says "On Vehicle For Delivery Today". Not bad considering it wasn't going to be available until the 15th....

However, I leave my house about an hour ago to run some errands and I see this 4 blocks from my house. It's safe to say I don't think I'll be getting my phone today after all. Bummer.

(click thumbnail for larger version)
UPS accident (4).jpg

Upvote 0
I ordered my Note 8 through Sprint's website early Tuesday morning.... I received tracking info on Wednesday night at 11:59 pm. It said my package wpuld be delivered by end of day on 9-8-17, which is today, Friday. The latest tracking info on the UPS website says "On Vehicle For Delivery Today". Not bad considering it wasn't going to be available until the 15th....

However, I leave my house about an hour ago to run some errands and I see this 4 blocks from my house. It's safe to say I don't think I'll be getting my phone today after all. Bummer.

View attachment 123334
Really? Don't mean to LOL, but LOL :D Sorry, but I'd be climbing in that thing to get it :D :D

Upvote 0
Really? Don't mean to LOL, but LOL :D Sorry, but I'd be climbing in that thing to get it :D :D

Yes, really. I took that picture myself (with my Note 4) about 3 hours ago. lol :)

I don't think anyone was seriously hurt so we can LOL all we want. I've been limping along this old Note 4 for the last 3 months. It's unfortunate for the UPS driver because I'm sure if my new phone wasn't on his truck, the accident would have never happened. lol

I was able to briefly talk with the UPSdriver but he wasn't sure exactly if his truck had packages for my neighborhood.... even though this was literally 4 blocks from my house. lol. I was gonna ask if I could get my package but there were cops all over the place by this time and I heard one of the cops requesting a State CVI (commercial vehicle inspector) to respond the the accident scene. (standard practice any time a commercial vehicle is involved in a crash) Usually they (the CVI) wont let any cargo and/or contents leave the vehicle until they determine if overall vehicle weight was a contributing factory to the accident. Even though my package is only 1 pound, I didn't bother to ask if I could get it, I already knew the answer....:(

Upvote 0

View attachment 123334
OMG never seen a UPS truck ever like that :(

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones