• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Notifaction Issue

Kiwasad

Nov 15, 2010
My phone has been rooted for awhile and I'm a long time velocity user. Recently, in the last week or so, my phone doesn't recieve texts until I unlock the phone. I thought it may have been an issue with Widget Locker but I unistalled that and it still isn't working.

I have tried using Chomp, Go sms, Handcent and the default messaging app. I recieve the texts on all of them but, I don't get a notifaction until I unlock my phone.

user_online.gif

progress.gif

Reactions: savoxis
I know this is gonna sound condescending, but I don't intend for it to be at all.

Do you have notifications turned on for the main messaging app? Sometimes with those 3rd party apps, it works best if you turn off the notifications for the stock messaging and just use their notifications. For example, I use SMS Popup and to make it work smoothly, I had to disable notifications for my stock app.

If that's not the problem, I'm not sure how to help.

Reactions: savoxis
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones