• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification light

papermonkey01

Jun 22, 2010
Pluto
The xoom has a lovely notification light in the top right corner, which for some reason only turns on when the unit is off?? Unacceptable!! This is android and in android we need the power to fully customize our toys:D Has anyone found/heard of an app that gives us control of this light?

This is the same as on the DroidX and I believe other Moto devices. If the screen is on, you see the notifications in your notification bar. When the screen is off, you get them in the Notification LED so you can turn on the screen and look at....you guessed it...the notification bar. It's not all that crazy.

Now, if you root and then mod to remove the notification bar, then I could see where you would want LED all the time.

Upvote 0
Ok- yeah screen off makes perfect sense to me. Sounded like you meant powered down- which isn't my experience at all. If the screen is off (either automatically or I turn it off) the notification light works. Seems to work fine for me, work for emails, my woot notifications, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones