• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

notification ringtone for sprint lg optimus

I just got the sprint LG optimums and can't figure out how to set my ringtones for my notification or how to assign them to certai contacts. Is this possible.

To set your general ringtones or notifications, press the menu key and go into settings, then choose Sound. You'll see the options you want there.

To set a specific ringer for a contact, open up your contacts list. Then choose the contact you want to assign a ringtone to. After you've selected a contact press the menu button, and you'll see 4 choices pop up. Choose options, and the very next thing you'll see at the top of the screen is ringtone choices for that contact. :)

Upvote 0
Hi!

I found an 'exotic' problem in one of my applications installed on the LGP500 phone... (sorry if my post is not in the right topic!)

When I use Yahoo!Messenger for Android (I downloaded it from Android Store) the notification sound is not what I realy wnat... It is long for about 1min. and is very unwanted! The only thig I can do is to disable the notification sound from the application menu.

Can I change the sound with another with a shortest duration?

Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
To set your general ringtones or notifications, press the menu key and go into settings, then choose Sound. You'll see the options you want there.

To set a specific ringer for a contact, open up your contacts list. Then choose the contact you want to assign a ringtone to. After you've selected a contact press the menu button, and you'll see 4 choices pop up. Choose options, and the very next thing you'll see at the top of the screen is ringtone choices for that contact. :)

Hi, I already did as you said and changed the ringtone for one contact. But if this person calls me, i still have the standart ringtone and not the one i've chosen for him. What's wrong?

Upvote 0
Hi, I already did as you said and changed the ringtone for one contact. But if this person calls me, i still have the standart ringtone and not the one i've chosen for him. What's wrong?

If you went thru contacts to change the ringtone for a specific contact, it should work. If not, you might get more responses by starting a new thread.

I will say that I've changed settings on my phone and they didn't take the first time around. Try changing the ringtone again. Make sure you go thru contacts.

One other tip that just makes it a bit easier. Play around with the ringtones for a phone number you have access to. Something like a land-line in your house, where you can change the ringtone for that # on your phone, then call yourself from that number to see if it worked. If it works, then it should work for any contact number you have (assuming they're not blocking caller id info for their number).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones