• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notifications, what's your favorite customization app?

So I've had this phone for almost a week now and while I love it, there are definitely some things I miss about the iPhone. I've posted previously about my other questions and have had them all answered, so thank you to y'all for being patient with me. There's one final (I say that now lol) question I have for you more advanced Android/Galaxy users here.

What is your favorite custom notifications app available? I've seen tons and know that each person has their preferences, but I'm really looking for an app that does a few specific things.

1. I want the phone to "wake up" and show my notifications on the lock screen...I've searched and messed with all the default settings with TouchWiz and have yet to find that option. The only ones I can find are the little blinking light that changes colors with notifications and making the camera's flash illuminate, neither are what I want.

2. Is there an app that makes the notification bar at the top larger? For example, I receive notifications for BREAKING NEWS tweets on twitter. Whenever I'm using the phone and a notification comes through, it has to scroll for 3 or 4 pages to get through the entire message on that tiny one-bar notification panel.

3. I want certain apps to elaborate on their notification in the lock screen...if I receive a message on one of many messaging apps I use, only the symbol appears on the notification bar, there's nothing more than that. No message preview, no "New Message From..." nothing at all. Is it possible for an app to do this, or is this an issue with each individual app's notification settings?

As before, thank yall for your time :)

1. I want the phone to "wake up" and show my notifications on the lock screen...I've searched and messed with all the default settings with TouchWiz and have yet to find that option. The only ones I can find are the little blinking light that changes colors with notifications and making the camera's flash illuminate, neither are what I want.

TMK, nope

2. Is there an app that makes the notification bar at the top larger? For example, I receive notifications for BREAKING NEWS tweets on twitter. Whenever I'm using the phone and a notification comes through, it has to scroll for 3 or 4 pages to get through the entire message on that tiny one-bar notification panel.

TMK, nope

3. I want certain apps to elaborate on their notification in the lock screen...if I receive a message on one of many messaging apps I use, only the symbol appears on the notification bar, there's nothing more than that. No message preview, no "New Message From..." nothing at all. Is it possible for an app to do this, or is this an issue with each individual app's notification settings?

TMK, nope

but there is always hope that someone out there knows a work around.

Upvote 0
There are tons of options available. It's going to boil down to what you want exactly on your phone.

Personally, I use two apps for handling notifications:

1. LightFlow - This app handles notifications from all types of apps. It allows for changing the LED color and blink rate for everything. It also allows you to set up custom vibrate/ring patterns for each app, as well as repeating notifications.

2. DynamicNotifications - This app basically mimics the notification handling of the MotoX and similar devices. It will light up the screen for set amounts of time and allow you to read/dismiss notifications. It also utilizes the AMOLED screen on the S5 by only displaying simple icons with a black background in order to minimize battery usage.

Upvote 0
So I've had this phone for almost a week now and while I love it, there are definitely some things I miss about the iPhone. I've posted previously about my other questions and have had them all answered, so thank you to y'all for being patient with me. There's one final (I say that now lol) question I have for you more advanced Android/Galaxy users here.

What is your favorite custom notifications app available? I've seen tons and know that each person has their preferences, but I'm really looking for an app that does a few specific things.

As before, thank yall for your time :)
Highly recommend evolve SMS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.klinker.android.evolve_sms

In app purchases but totally worth it. It's my favorite SMS agent that does what you want as well

Upvote 0
Noled it's the best app that you looking for, u can set it to have blink spot, default icon or custome one for every notification of any application on your lock screen with different colours and many another setting. I used for 3 or 4 years and it's first app that I install with any new phone i have... So good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones