• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nuance Voice Control

Arcathorn

Lurker
Jan 11, 2010
I have over 621 contacts on my Samsung Moment and everytime I launch the voice control system it will shut down immediately. I have gone through and edited the contact list and even wiped the phone out. once the contacts were gone the voice control system started up with no issue. Is the problem linked to the number of contacts and if so is there any work around someone could suggest?

Yes I have. I erased the entire contents of my phonebook and added just a few contacts and I had no issue. Once I restored my contact list from gmail the voice control stopped working again. At this point I have to believe its due to the size of the phonebook.

I have over 300 in mine and get an occasional FC at times. Biggest aid in Nuance is to put it in Expert mode. Solved every problem I had with it.

Upvote 0
I've used it twice, and it works for me, flawlessly....when it runs. Half the time, it just starts chugging then kicks me back to the home screen. That and the almost 1 minute wait for it to open is ludicrous, the phone actually registers that it's CRASHED before it's even 50% done booting. That's a smidge too long of a boot, even for a mobile program. Key tip: If the phone thinks something is wrong with it, chances are, there is.

Upvote 0
One thing I've noticed about Nuance is that you have to go in and do your settings, then set the Adaptation. It understands a whole lot better what you are saying once that's done. It's not like a lot of other voice apps that you don't have to set the adaptation up first. That's what I was looking for until I went into my settings and saw that the Adaptation actually needed to be set up first. I hope this helps some that has been have big problems.

Upvote 0
I haven't used nuance, but I have opened it several times... not because I want to, but because if I try to redial a number too quickly after hanging up it will open Nuance (WTF?).
Does anyone else have this problem? Call a number, let it ring, hit the red button, then while the picture is still on the screen (with the red surround b/c you just hung up) press the green button to redial... it opens Nuance instead.:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones