• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OEM ROM Download 4.1 for Galaxy S2 T-Mobile?

dennis86

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
Hello. My device developed an issue with "USB Device Not Recognized" and I am unable to connect to any PC to upgrade my S2 to ICS through Samsung Kies, NOTE it used to work when I first got the device so I'm positive it's not a driver issue. I've tried cleaning it, many different pcs, many different cables. What a piece of crap, it's hardware failure I figure.

Can anyone direct me to a way to install the OEM ROM through a micro sd card?
Download link anyone?? Thanks!

Hello. My device developed an issue with "USB Device Not Recognized" and I am unable to connect to any PC to upgrade my S2 to ICS through Samsung Kies, NOTE it used to work when I first got the device so I'm positive it's not a driver issue. I've tried cleaning it, many different pcs, many different cables. What a piece of crap, it's hardware failure I figure.

Can anyone direct me to a way to install the OEM ROM through a micro sd card?
Download link anyone?? Thanks!

A friend of mine is having the same issue. My suggestion, before getting into anything too extravagant, is to back up everything that you can on a SD Card and then go to Settings>Storage>Format USB Storage and then doing a factory reset. If you can get your phone to work by doing that then you can start installing ROMs from your PC.

Is your phone already rooted?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones