• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)

I agree with the general consensus and believe their will be no update for my Ascend , so I did the manual upgrade to (CM/7) 5/14/2011 build and my phone works great. MMS is fixed by flashing second zip file (MetrOFF 1.3). This mod is great and I'm a noob to this kind of thing!

Congrats!!! now you can show metro you running GB...:D

Upvote 0
MAN!! I'm really starting to not like my ascend... so, can cricket users get the metro update of the 2.2? if the link is true? I know nothing about this stuff...and I'm mad that there's talk about no upgrade.ugh!

forget that toe 2.2, if you want a good working 2.2 use cm6, there is no uim error in cm6, but with other 2.2 out there you will sure get that error...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have serious doubts cricket will ever provide an update for this phone. They will just try to sell us the new one when it comes out. Call me a cynic, but...

I agree with this guy. They already released the LG Optimus C (or whatever the last letter is there) that has the 2.2 firmware on it not five months after the Ascend. Believe me, when I noticed it was out, I was pissed.

I've actually been thinking my phone might come into some water damage pretty soon.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just get rom manager off the market and get CM7 (2.3). The app will do the whole thing for you, as long as your rooted of course.

wow, i think i got it! went over and over the forum guide and i believe i finally did it. thanks to evryone here that helped out. :D

One thing i dont understand is why my 2 gb sd card is almost full...i plugged it in the pc but nothing shows up? then i turned on usb storge and got a "open devices and printers" but i cannot see the files on the sd card?

Upvote 0
wow, i think i got it! went over and over the forum guide and i believe i finally did it. thanks to evryone here that helped out. :D

One thing i dont understand is why my 2 gb sd card is almost full...i plugged it in the pc but nothing shows up? then i turned on usb storge and got a "open devices and printers" but i cannot see the files on the sd card?

you have to click open to view files, or go to my computer and doule click the sdcard, problem solve...

Upvote 0
Sorry whats a build? lol ... are u talking about CM7...thats wat i have:eek: the laptop is a windows 7...and before i did evrything..it worked because i remember copying files from some pictures i stored in the computer.

are you on stock 2.1, cm6 2.2, or cm7 2.3, but what you can do is uninstall the drivers and reinstall the usb drivers...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones