• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have a locked bootloader and ICS hopefully being released on the 17th, I don't think it's going to be a big problem since I'm sure there will be a ROM available that allows you to remove it. :)

Or once you make a nandroid you can always try using titanium to get rid of it.

Upvote 0
Anyone expecting some sort of announcement or leak today? I'm not holding out hope for anything today but expect some BIG news tomorrow regardless or whether it's release the 17th or 21st.... either way we'll all have this phone with in the next week or so. I can't wait, my OG Droid froze up a couple times over the weekend and I had to pull the battery to get it to work. I even went in and uninstalled a bunch of apps to free up memory just so it'll make it another week or so.

Upvote 0
I've got to say I'm very disappointed that the search bar on the home screen is not removable. I hate anything cluttering up my screen unless I want it there. On my phone, I don't even have a clock, and the notification bar is hidden unless I swipe a certain way.

That really blows. :mad:

Will it be able to be moved to a different screen?

Upvote 0
Will it be able to be moved to a different screen?

I believe the search bar is on every home screen. And only because there's no dedicated search button anymore (and that's how it is in honeycomb). It looks like it'll be handled contextually now.

Personally, I hope they allow us to remove it and/or reinstate a search button on the home bar.

Upvote 0
Good Morning Gnexers! :D

Well, with 2 days and change to go (until SOMETHING hopefully happens), the excitement is really picking up in here! I love it!

I know it's an older topic but I just read through 6 pages of posts: speaking of naming things, yes we name our vehicles and my phone has a name. I named my Beloved OG Droid "Droidette" or "D" for short - long before I met Droidette here in the forum. Pure coincidence.

Naming my future Gnex was easy... she will be called Ginny (pronounced like Jenny). Since the navigation voice is female and my Speaktoit assistant is female, I stuck with a female name. So COME TO ME Ginny baby! :D

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

Well, with 2 days and change to go (until SOMETHING hopefully happens), the excitement is really picking up in here! I love it!

I know it's an older topic but I just read through 6 pages of posts: speaking of naming things, yes we name our vehicles and my phone has a name. I named my Beloved OG Droid "Droidette" or "D" for short - long before I met Droidette here in the forum. Pure coincidence.

Naming my future Gnex was easy... she will be called Ginny (pronounced like Jenny). Since the navigation voice is female and my Speaktoit assistant is female, I stuck with a female name. So COME TO ME Ginny baby! :D

Whaa?? Are we now thinking the 16th?

Sheesh. I skip 2 pages for once and I miss something. Can someone catch me up to speed?

Upvote 0
Check Google for galaxy nexus news in the past hour and every carrier out there seems to be announcing the Nexus. Except.....Verizon.

Thanks for the search tip (searching the past hours news).

Pretty amazing that the rest of the world is getting lots of announcements and here in the US nothing but silence from Verizon. Amazing.

Upvote 0

main2 (you'll have to click the first song on the stack, couldn't direct link as it is flash).

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones