• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my Incredible to Gingerbread last night and spent several hours playing whack-a-"low memory error". I'd forgotten that was an issue with the Incredible and that gives me even more reason to hold out for the Nexus instead of caving in for a Rezound. I'm sure they've fixed the data partition issues on newer phones, but it still sours me on HTC.

Same reason I'm not even considering a future HTC phone. I love my Inc overall, but Jesus was that annoying. It's what made me finally root and ROM it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Husker, what "e-mail app sucks"??????

please don't say the stock android one on the Gnex. that was my biggest concern. My phone is for work and I'm coming from all HTC-Sense phones. their Calender and E-mail apps CAN'T be beat. but I'm praying the ICS ones are similar?

do you know for sure the ICS one sucks?

i don't know that anyone can comment on the ICS stock e-mail app. however, thus far the stock e-mail app on android has fallen far short of meeting my needs. i haven't personally used the Sense email, but my wife has a DInc, and i definitely prefer Touchdown over it.

i use my email exclusively for work. i have about 50 subfolders for each of my cases, and keep those case-related emails in each folder. it's essential to me for keeping track of my cases. Touchdown allows me to choose which subfolders i want to keep synced on my phone, and it organizes the subfolders exactly as i have them on my PC. it also syncs with my work calendar, including all of my tasks and deadlines that i have coming up.

i've tried several different email apps, and imo Touchdown is head and shoulders above the rest for business uses. you can download the regular app for a trial period for free, to see if you like it. i highly recommend checking it out.

Reactions: wedgemoose
Upvote 0
The calendar has been greatly improved, but I can't say anything about the non-gmail email app. If it isn't what you like though, there are always other options in the market.

my only beef with the google calendar app is that there doesn't appear to be an integrated or consistent way of accepting/declining meeting notices. i am too expecting this to be corrected in ICS.

all too often i receive a meeting invite on my phone and can't even see the details of the event. yeah it will show up in my calendar... but i have to dig through the calendar just to find it. occasionally, and i haven't figured out how/why, i will get some notices in my gmail and it shows the details and accept/decline. but i will get mtg notices from MS Outlook, directly from fellow Gmail people, or other gmail-synced accounts (my grad school uses gmail, for example)... there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what happens when i get an invite.

Upvote 0
So, this leak Verizon Roadmap Shows Galaxy Nexus Available Online Only 11/21, New XOOM 2 on 11/30? – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog shows that casio gzone phone releasing on the 17th, and has the nexus pegged for the 21st web only. Anyone thinking this leak may be legit now or was there other info to support the casio launching on Friday,...

Matters how you look at it. Today's the 15th, so that flyer technically got it wrong.

Edit: NM, i'm an idiot, 2 Schrute Bucks for you

Upvote 0
Also, anyone notice that the button that you used to press to get to vzw chat has been replaced with a phone only option. Maybe they got annoyed by the rest of you guys buggin them:)

Now that I have a legitimate question, i'm locked out. Sad Panda Bear :(
I think the chat button disappears when they are all busy. Happened to me last night but came back later and I could chat.

Reactions: woodraskam
Upvote 0
Updated my Incredible to Gingerbread last night and spent several hours playing whack-a-"low memory error". I'd forgotten that was an issue with the Incredible and that gives me even more reason to hold out for the Nexus instead of caving in for a Rezound. I'm sure they've fixed the data partition issues on newer phones, but it still sours me on HTC.

Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > All > then Clear Date/Clear Cache for com.htc.socialnetwork.pro/Peep/Facebook in that order until the problem disappears. When you do Peep it might make the Twits you're following disappear, but at least the Low Memory thing will disappear and you'll be able to get your email again.

Upvote 0
We've heard from a couple different sources that it's verizon's fault for the 'delay' (probably not even the correct term), but Verizon shouldn't affect the Europe launch.

Seems like stock availability problems, more than Big Red testing road blocks. Just saying.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Delayed For The UK? | Geeky Gadgets

Yet less than 24 hours ago, Twitter. Sort it out you bunch of useless *****.

Perhaps they are correct, 1 handset will launch in the UK just so they can say they met the deadline.

Reactions: Mooem
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones