• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have some peace of mind knowing that it will drop this month. Matias Duarte IS going to know whats going on with his baby. The december dates were likely disinformation to root out leakers, I can say that because I used to be a big microsoft/windows nerd and thats what MS would do to root out leakers. Couple that with the fact that Han's sister said NOT to get the Rezound. I can wait till 11:59 on the 30th if I must. VZW can suck it (that's putting it pretty politely no?) for holding back a phone that has no software or hardware issues and is just holding back because the suits said to. You can debate the reasons why they have held back, but the sources Steven talked to said it wasn't HW or SW.

Upvote 0
So I have some peace of mind knowing that it will drop this month. Matias Duarte IS going to know whats going on with his baby. The december dates were likely disinformation to root out leakers, I can say that because I used to be a big microsoft/windows nerd and thats what MS would do to root out leakers. Couple that with the fact that Han's sister said NOT to get the Rezound. I can wait till 11:59 on the 30th if I must. VZW can suck it (that's putting it pretty politely no?) for holding back a phone that has no software or hardware issues and is just holding back because the suits said to. You can debate the reasons why they have held back, but the sources Steven talked to said it wasn't HW or SW.

^This

Upvote 0
Not seen this vid before. Pretty basic stuff for you hardcore GNexarians, but a nice look at the landscape and portrait dock at 1:80, Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Which? first look review - YouTube.

I hadn't seen the portrait dock before.

And the car mount if it hasn't already been posted, http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2011/11/16/samsung-galaxy-nexus-accessories-car-navigation-mount/.

Off-topic:

Upvote 0
Good Morning Gnexers! I am at the airport heading back to Georgia. The memorial was beautiful. I hope I can get home, they are predicting major delays in Atlanta, yuck. Well I see it went through FCC right when I predicted.

Safe travels Antimony, and good morning everyone else. I'm not as hopeful as everyone else that we will get any news today. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not counting on it.

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
Nickelback - Someday Lyrics - YouTube

I know there are a LOT of dates swirling out there, and a lot of rumored/speculated reasons behind those dates. I am not trying to impugn any sources, Steven's or otherwise, just speaking as someone who has done the waiting game with rumored dates that keep getting further and further away............

If this phone doesn't drop for a few more weeks, then there is a REASON beyond "Corporate Decisions" or "Razr sales" and in my opinion you need to BEWARE. Don't get "Bionic'ed" like I did (with the Bionic)

Me, personally? I will be saying good morning to Mr Fedex man tomorrow morning and activating my shiny new ReZound. The option will be out there to do a Nexus swap I suppose, someday between now and Jan 15, but I don't see me giving up the ReZound if I have it more then a week or two.

Does this mean I am falling prey to VZW's "Master Plan"? Maybe. But if I am happy with the phone I have, then who cares? ;) And besides, VZW doesn't care about this phone all that much either, if you look at the marketing/promotion, it's all razr/Razr/RAZR!!!!!! (Nice phone, but too wide for me and the non-removeable battery is a deal breaker)

I will still lurk cause I have been in this thread too much to abandon ya guys, and I do hope you get your Nexus goodness SOONER rather than LATER!!!!!

Cheers!!! :D

Reactions: Tytan
Upvote 0
For anyone in the UK, here is a transcript of the conversation I just had with phones4u online chat service. Seems things are still on track for launch tomorrow, but she couldn't confirm beyond the online launch. I've changed her name, but everything else is verbatim.

You are now connected with Beth.
Beth: Hello, you're chatting with Beth, a Phones4U Sales Advisor, may I take your name please?
You: Dan
Beth: Hi Dan
Beth: How can I help you today?
You: I was wondering if you could confirm that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be available tomorrow in your retail stores?
Beth: I cant confirm it in stores, as I dont have access to there stock, it should be either tomorrow, or 18th
You: Your website states that if ordered online today, delivery would be on the 18th. Is that absolutely confirmed. Has Phones4u received stock?
Beth: Online yes, we are getting these to you by the 18th, the phone officially is released tomorrow Dan
You: So all indications would still suggest stock available in retail stores tomorrow, although I understand that you can not 100% confirm this without access to stock information?
Beth: The information online isnt anything to do with stores, with us being direct so we have different stock, deals etc, so yes I cant 100% confirm stores will have the handset, but store more than likely will do in the next few days
You: Does Phones4u have any kind of exclusivity period for selling this phone?
Beth: Not that I know of Dan
You: Okay, thanks for your help. One last thing, upgrades can't be handled online can they? That would require a call back?
Beth: Your welcome, we cant do them online correct, but yes you can fill in your details and wait for the call back or just call in and then we can look into the upgrade for you Dan
You: Thanks.
Beth: Your welcome
Beth: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
You: No, that's all thanks.
Beth: Your welcome, Have an excellent day

Upvote 0
Anyone still holding out hope for a 11/17 release: I'm sorry
Anyone still holding out hope for a 11/21 release: Don't count on it
Anyone wishing for a 11/25 release: I sure hope so
Anyone wishing for a 11/28 release: You may be the winner
Anyone cursing us with talk of a December release: I can't say what I want to say because we are polite in this thread =)

We saw the same thing happen with the Incredible. A lot of folks jumped ship as the release dragged on and on and were happy with the phones they chose. I waited it out and have had the greatest experience ever with a phone. I'm actually not even really ready to give it up yet which makes waiting for the GNex much easier, I suppose. It's nice to finally have a phone that I'm not ready to give up a few months after purchase.

I honestly believe the GNex will be the same way...thats why I'm waiting. I'm not just looking for a replacement for a few months, I'm looking for a commitment! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones