• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impossible at all. It's gotta be coming soon. Stores just don't get accessories and wait 3 weeks to release the phone.

But not all stores have gotten accessories, or even training for that matter. And then there's the promo materials...
My theory (as I've stated before) is that all stores will be caught up by next Monday which is when they will start selling in stores. But that's just my estimate, which is every bit as good/bad as everyone else's.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is the place to do this, but I could use all of your help with a remix competition I entered.
Makree & Edvards Grieze - Feel The Music (Megaphonix Remix) by Megaphonix on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Just listening to it is all I ask. You don't need to vote, like, etc. just listen to it. Technically you don't even have to listen if it's not your type of music.
I put a lot of work into this remix so it would really mean a lot to me if I won as a 15 year old :D

Anyways, now that my shameless self-advertising is over... wait I don't have anything else to say :/

This is very much my type of music and I think you did an excellent job. It's definitely pleasing to the ear, albeit a bit amateur sounding but I suspect that has a lot to do with your tool set (just curious...what did you use?). I also haven't heard the original. You'll still get my vote.

Upvote 0
Those are really good deals. But I came to a decision several years ago that I will never again compromise to save a "few" bucks. No more sitting in the last row at concerts for example. The only way I don't hold out for this device is if it turns out to be a buggy epic failure. I'll wait til next year if need be.

I whole heartedly agree with you.... problem is the double data thing though. I don't mind waiting until the 30th to see if the nexus drops before the double data goes away, but if it doesnt and I end up getting the razr anyway and the best price I can get at that time is 200 each (400 total) I will surely be kicking myself.

I most certainly do NOT want to be stuck with a 2gb cap.

Reactions: red66charger
Upvote 0
I foresee opening a new account with Verizon in my friend's name so I can get mom a new phone. Hers is possessed. Thanks for pointing out the great deals.

There are definitely some good deals.I am still on the fence whether to cave and get galaxy s2 for ninety six cents and just be patient and hope ics comes by end of the year either via ROM or thru att/Samsung

Upvote 0
This is very much my type of music and I think you did an excellent job. It's definitely pleasing to the ear, albeit a bit amateur sounding but I suspect that has a lot to do with your tool set (just curious...what did you use?). I also haven't heard the original. You'll still get my vote.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I use FL Studio 10.

Here's the original: Makree & Edvards Grieze - Feel The Music - YouTube

Upvote 0
I don't recall any debunking, but I do recall a rep from Google saying that it is there to help satellite lock more quickly.

Hm, I never heard Google confirm that. Interesting. I'll have to try and find the article tomorrow because the scientist or whoever he was explicitly said that the sensitivity of the device would not be great enough to do any good at all. The variations in barometric pressure are so slight even in a very wide area that its borderline useless for that purpose. I'll try and find it. I know many people are wondering if it wasn't just part of Google being Google; geeks DO love their toys. "Why not a barometer! The dev's will come up with some crazy shhtuff!"

Upvote 0
I still believe that the SGSII-HD-LTE should have been the Nexus,
And the SGSII-HD still may come to Verizon soon.
Who knows?

Almost agree with you, except the SGSII-LTE-HD doesn't have the Exynos which is what made the SGSII. It has the crappy qualcomm I believe like the T-mobile SGSII.

Now, if it had the Exynos with the Mali 400.... I would totally get it over the nexus and wait for ICS any day of the week.

Upvote 0
Hm, I never heard Google confirm that. Interesting. I'll have to try and find the article tomorrow because the scientist or whoever he was explicitly said that the sensitivity of the device would not be great enough to do any good at all. The variations in barometric pressure are so slight even in a very wide area that its borderline useless for that purpose. I'll try and find it. I know many people are wondering if it wasn't just part of Google being Google; geeks DO love their toys. "Why not a barometer! The dev's will come up with some crazy shhtuff!"

Don't bother looking for the article, I already found it for you :)
Galaxy Nexus barometer explained, Sam Champion not out of a job -- Engadget

Upvote 0
I have to tell you all - I finished laundry at 10 but it is not folded yet because I am far more entertained by all of you.

And, the new Nickelback is a good album. I got my download from pre order at 11:31

I'm not finding it at amazon or itunes....and I know G-music doesn't have it. Where can I find it?

EDIT: OOPS! I see it.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
But not all stores have gotten accessories, or even training for that matter. And then there's the promo materials...
My theory (as I've stated before) is that all stores will be caught up by next Monday which is when they will start selling in stores. But that's just my estimate, which is every bit as good/bad as everyone else's.

I don't believe that for one second. Some stores just don't get accessories while others don't.

I think some stores "accidentally" let it slip that they have accessories, while others are told not to say anything and just act dumb.

Upvote 0
I just want to put this out there. The twitter contest that Google has going for the GN giveaway ends on the 21st and when the contest for the last nexus phone ended, the phone was released. The 21st also coincides with the end of the web sale for the droid charge. One can hope...

Oh I forgot about last year's contest ending when the phone was released... good point!

Man, I just LOVE when people point out little clues and evidence that supports my hopes. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Reactions: Selb7
Upvote 0
I don't believe that for one second. Some stores just don't get accessories while others don't.

I think some stores "accidentally" let it slip that they have accessories, while others are told not to say anything and just act dumb.

You have a point there. And there's a bunch of stores we haven't even gotten any word from that could very well have everything set...
Like I've said before, only time will tell!

Upvote 0

I recall the "experts" saying that the sensor would be unable to be used for weather forecasting due to its size

Handheld GPS units have had a baromeric sensor in them for a couple of generations now and it is used for exactly the same reason...to speed up the fix and improve accuracy.

Reactions: connormoore725
Upvote 0
HUZZAH!!! I'm a senior member now! I feel so honored and....fulfilled.

VERY_OLD_PERSON.jpg

Do I get some sort of discount now?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones