• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called a couple stores on my lunch break, hoping there was maybe an update while I was gone. Nothing new to report, although one store stated they hadn't even gotten them in yet, which I know to be untrue as 2 other people at that location told me they've had them since Tuesday. So maybe they're just being told to be even more tight-lipped on this?

I've got some unused vacation time, so I'll be taking most of tomorrow off anyway. I'll try in the AM to grab one. :)

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
OT Chicago sports talk...

Do you honestly think Theo Epstein is going to turn the club around? My vote is no.

Then again, I wrote the Cubs, and baseball entirely, off when I was at the Cubs/Sox game where Zambrano beaned 3 batters in a row.

Hellooooo Blackhawks! Not nearly as heartbreaking, and *gasp* THEY WIN.

OT:

I was hoping he'd stay in the NL. The Rays are going to face him 10 times. Eek!

OT (Chicago Sports):

I bleed cubbie blue and live near Wrigleyville, so what can I do? I can't write them off. But I just hope the Bulls make a run at trading for Dwight Howard. Give them Noah and Boozer, I don't care.

Derrick Rose worked out with Rob McClanaghan this summer to hone his game. This kid hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I think the Bulls will be great this year. They just need another piece. With Howard, they'd have the best center/guard combo in the league and can make another run at the Heat.

Upvote 0
LOL funny, That said did you get approval to post the conversation? did the person know they were being recorded?

I don't about where you live and I assume you know the laws there being in the biz. But in MD its illegal (even for PI's) to record a conversation without someone's knowledge...

actually in most cases you would have to prove the person had a reasonable suspicion of privacy

Since I assume the costco has a CC TV system in place and signs acknowledging such it's not a problem

/IANAL

Upvote 0
LOL funny, That said did you get approval to post the conversation? did the person know they were being recorded?

I don't about where you live and I assume you know the laws there being in the biz. But in MD its illegal (even for PI's) to record a conversation without someone's knowledge...

In the vast majority of states, only one party of the conversation has to know it's being recorded. Not certain in his location, but only like 6-8 states require different

Upvote 0
i was just in my local Corp store and they were at least pretty openly talking about it. I have a friend that works there however i don't ask her for info because i don't want to put that pressure on anyone. Of course there was the one employee there that said when he played with the G Nex he wasn't that impressed.....ok bud.

I do know that they received demo training the other day. Not like that helps our situation any. It will get here when it gets here guys lets all remain calm.

This is the first time I've heard of someone NOT impressed with the GNex.

Upvote 0
My boss was nice enough to code it in pearl for me
the redirect was html instead of in the header, so thish checks if the HTML on the site has changed
#!/usr/bin/perl

use LWP::UserAgent;

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new();
$ua->agent("none");

$delay=10*60;

while (1==1){
my $req = HTTP::Request->new( GET => "http://preorder.verizonwireless.com/galaxynexus/" );
my $res = $ua->request($req);

foreach $i ($res->content){
if ( $i =~ m|content="0;URL=http://smartphones.verizonwireless.com/nexus/"| ){
print "Contains refresh.. Sleeping for ten minutes.\n";
sleep $delay;
} else {
print "No longer refreshing to the generic nexus page... Take a look!\n"; exit;
}
}
}

I wish I knew what that means but . . . meh. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I just called a VZW store and asked about the Galaxy Nexus he said that it was coming out tomorrow. He then asked if I would like him to hold one for me when all of a sudden he said hold on, the phone is not releasing tomorrow but it will be releasing soon and didn't know when. Shucks!

Haha, I can just see the guy's manager waving his hands over his head, shaking his head no, and giving the cut your throat signal on the other end of that.

Reactions: harpua
Upvote 0
Well, someone just let me know that the priority meeting this morning only mentioned the Nexus in that it was being pushed back with no expected date.

I don't think tomorrow is going to happen.
The "no new date part" is more than a little alarming...

I just had a very negative thought. I will be flying home to see my family for Christmas a little more than a week from now. My mom was in the Nexus dream I had last night...does this mean it wont be out before I fly home? :(.

Upvote 0
Well, someone just let me know that the priority meeting this morning only mentioned the Nexus in that it was being pushed back with no expected date.

I don't think tomorrow is going to happen.

Correct. It's not happening and anyone that thinks it is, is only kidding themselves. What's just as disturbing is that it sounds like an 'indefinite postponement'. So who knows what's going on. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones