• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming out of the shadows to delurk here. I've been waiting to upgrade from my LG enV2 for a while now. I nearly jumped at the Thunderbolt, but held off with rumors of the Nexus... and so I wait. Wondering if anyone's looked at the manuals that have leaked? The one I dl'ed I found via searching "galaxynexus_manual," which led me to MediaFire. 'Cause, you know, it's fun to tease yourself. In my case, it might shorten the learning curve as a new Android adopter as well.

Upvote 0
I went to my local Verizon store this morning. My sales rep told me I would have to wait until Friday morning for the phone. His boss heard the conversation and jumped in and said that it would not be for sale tomorrow. She said that she had an email this morning pulling it and no definite date for release. I gave the sales rep my business card and ask him to call if he found out anything.
Well just now he called and said that they had just got an email saying they could sell on Thursday 12/15/11. I am to call the day before and we are going to set up a time for me to come in and buy.
Take this for what it is worth. It is encouraging to me anyway.

Upvote 0
Coming out of the shadows to delurk here. I've been waiting to upgrade from my LG enV2 for a while now. I nearly jumped at the Thunderbolt, but held off with rumors of the Nexus... and so I wait. Wondering if anyone's looked at the manuals that have leaked? The one I dl'ed I found via searching "galaxynexus_manual," which led me to MediaFire. 'Cause, you know, it's fun to tease yourself. In my case, it might shorten the learning curve as a new Android adopter as well.

Welcome!

Upvote 0
So looks like AT&T's 4G LTE is pretty fast (spotted on reddit) ;)

7EIOw.jpg

That's because no one is using it. :) Once more people switch from AT&T 3G to the LTE service, the speeds will start creeping down. Verizon vs AT&T will likely end up being fairly similar on LTE as it is with CDMA vs GSM. AT&T will end up with slightly higher speeds due to using a higher frequency, Verizon will have better service in buildings and less dropped calls due to the lower frequency.

teenage_mutant_ninja_androids.jpg

...and ninja'd!

Reactions: ItsASamsung
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Enjoy!

Download: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE User Guide – Verizon – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones