• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting tidbit. No relevance to a release date or anything, but I'm on hold with a sales rep at my local store after asking about the Nexus (been on hold for 3-4 minutes) and it was going through their little recorded deals and promotions and I was blocking most of it out but this caught my attention:

"Get the Samsung Galaxy with Android 4.0 and LTE!" *facepalm* WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME!????

This is new, right?

Upvote 0
Just stopped by the new Verizon store by my condo, walked in, a nice young lady walked over and asked if she could help, I pulled out my Dinc, said "I am up for renewal, and I'm waiting..." and she jumped in an finished (with a grin) "...for the new Nexus phone?" She went on to say that she hopes they get the word to release it soon so she can stop answering the same question and feeling like she's disappointing people. I asked if that means there are some in the back. She said she can't say but there are some Nexus-related items in the store. She was obviously frustrated but being good-natured about it.

There, now I've told an "I asked a Verizon CSR/manager/director of marketing/VP/janitor about the Gnex" story. I feel oddly unburdened.

Upvote 0
I've decided to let my SwiftKey keyboard predict what's going to happen. I will start off the next sentence with five words, and then I'll let SwiftKey's word predictions take it from there.

"The Galaxy Nexus will be released on the web, and I think it is invisible."

Hmm. That actually ended up making a lot more sense than I expected.

Upvote 0
And asked about the status of Nexus.

The manager said "wait a minute, let me call up an e-mail we just got from the district manager. This came after their meeting this morning."

I awaited with bated breath as the manager went to the computer.

The short story: Nexus will go on sale next week at the EARLIEST! :eek: :(

Not the latest, "the earliest"!

Take it with your proverbial grain of salt, but I believe they were very sincere about it. Trust me: they want to sell them as much as we want to buy them!

I'm ready:

large-salt-pile.jpg

Upvote 0
I know that I'm just a nobody here. But I thought I'd share some potentially good news. I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

There is no waiting list at his store, and I'm first in line at 9am for some Galaxy goodness.
You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cartwheels and stuff. And a guy my age and size really should not be doing cartwheels. It ain't pretty.

-me

Prior Lake speaking here. Can you post (or pm) me the store? I'm off tomorrow. TIA!

Upvote 0
I have been with a group of people. Seems nice for a date. I love open table.

Open Table and Yelp are all you need when looking for a place to eat, especially when traveling.

Melting Pot is perfect for a date. In most of the ones I've been at, the booths are perfect for snuggling up together and fondue is about the perfect food for feeding to your date.

Hiding this cause it might be considered inappropriate by some I s'pose..

Plus, women usually love the chocolate fondue dessert and guys usually love watching their date lick chocolate off her lips and chin. And some women like seeing the guy's reaction when they do that. ;)

Plus, they have a nice wine list and tend to not try to rush you through your dinner experience which can be good in the early stages of dating. Easier to get to know each other in neutral territory without the wait staff hovering over you interrupting conversation.

Upvote 0
How many times can you get stood up by a date before you move on to the next girl, even if she IS smokin hot?

It's not the same, we're all married. Sure, our wives are getting a little slow in their old age. Some are, shall we say, "thicker" than others. Some are really in pretty good shape though... BUT... this smokin' hot brunette (maybe she's a blond or, she may be a he for you, for me, she's a brunette) has showed some interest. I still have my wife, but, I'm keeping my eye on this one, and as soon as she surrenders to me, I will leave my wife in a heartbeat for this piece.

In the mean time, I do not NEED to move on to the next girl, but, my oh my what I wouldn't do for a slice of that....

Upvote 0
just got to hold one.. it wasnt powered on or anything and i didnt feel like bugging the dude to do anything else..

without the battery in it its like seriously light.. like light enough that i could barely tell it was in my hands.. the size was perfect ive been using a droid x for the past year and it felt perfect in my hands

its sexy too i definitely fell in love with the design now that ive got to see one in person

on a weird note he told me it was supposed to be released tomorrow and he actually googled and came up some site saying that it was 12/13 found it funny that a premium reseller googles for launch dates

then he mentioned that the razr and rezound were both selling well and that i could put a deposit down on the device to make sure i got 1 day one and since ive been waiting so long he'd give me a bunch of accessories and screen protectors for like 30 which is pretty cool...

wasnt really comfortable putting down a deposit on the nexus though considering how terribly they have handled this rofl i could put down a $100 deposit and not have them sell the phone until february so i just told him id be in touch

Upvote 0
I busted out laughing at this.

On my Uncles 30th wedding anniversary, he took me aside and told me...
"Ya know Favorite Nephew, If I would have killed her then, I'd just be getting out about now, Id be a happy man, with a sense of freedom, with my whole life ahead of me..."

Yeah He is a die hard romantic.

Upvote 0
Open Table and Yelp are all you need when looking for a place to eat, especially when traveling.

Melting Pot is perfect for a date. In most of the ones I've been at, the booths are perfect for snuggling up together and fondue is about the perfect food for feeding to your date.

Plus, women usually love the chocolate fondue dessert and guys usually love watching their date lick chocolate off her lips and chin. And some women like seeing the guy's reaction when they do that. ;)

Plus, they have a nice wine list and tend to not try to rush you through your dinner experience which can be good in the early stages of dating. Easier to get to know each other in neutral territory without the wait staff hovering over you interrupting conversation.

I'm now a puddle of mush.

Reactions: Khatmandu
Upvote 0

BUT it'll make a nice dent in your wallet.

I've gone once with a lady friend and holy $$$.

Upvote 0
I know that I'm just a nobody here. But I thought I'd share some potentially good news. I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

There is no waiting list at his store, and I'm first in line at 9am for some Galaxy goodness.
You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cartwheels and stuff. And a guy my age and size really should not be doing cartwheels. It ain't pretty.

-me

You aren't a nobody.

Upvote 0
On my Uncles 30th wedding anniversary, he took me aside and told me...
"Ya know Favorite Nephew, If I would have killed her then, I'd just be getting out about now, Id be a happy man, with a sense of freedom, with my whole life ahead of me..."

Yeah He is a die hard romantic.

For all my cynicism I am too. :)

Upvote 0
This is very strange. Every time I have called this store and said "Nexus" they have quickly responded with "We don't know anything" This time she stuttered around for a minute, put me on hold for the past 5 minutes, then picked up and acted like she was talking with someone else saying "This is ____ I'm going to put you on the line with the customer" and I was like, ok.... things went silent...I said "Hello..???" She then said "uhh,...hold on just a second, ok??" So here I am on hold again. I really think they are just punishing me seeing how long they can keep me on hold. probably a bet the CSRs made between themselves to see how long they could keep the next person inquiring about a Nexus on hold. I'm probably winning someone a bet right now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones