• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hans: Should we do something like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1
If manufacturer asks for them to stay private for a certain amount of time fcc will not make thrm public until date manufacturer asked.
You think if we all filed Freedom of Information Act requests the FCC would send Steven something?

(ploy to get Hans to post!!)

Upvote 0
After signing up with VZW to hear about Nexus I got an email saying it was coming "soon". This is moving from the annoying to the very irritated stage. Just tell us WHEN Verizon. Stop playing stupid games, unless you are so dis-organized that you really don't know WHEN, which would be pathetic.

Same here...

I am really convinced that they are giving RAZR Droid some breathing room before bringing out the FLAGSHIP GALAXY NEXUS.

I think we all know majority will go for Nexus over RAZR.

Btw, is the whole VERIZON EXCLUSIVE thing true???

Upvote 0
If this had ICS it would be real competition. I really like the extended battery option. For me, this is important in a phone.

HTC Vigor Cased as HTC Rezound with Cases, Big Battery & Beats?
OCT
It looks like it is going to be raining dual-core smartphones soon at Verizon Wireless in time for the holidays. The next round of HTC gift ideas surround the HTC Rezound (HTC Vigor) and are colorful hard cases that were shown before the HTC Rezound has even been announced.
The cases come in red, purple or black and show the usual HTC Sense homescreen. Another accessory to appear is a 2750mAh extended life battery and expanded case, taken as proof of a 4.3" touchscreen on the HTC Rezound.The HTC Rezound was previously suspected to be named the HTC Vigor and the successor to the HTC ThunderBolt with Dr. Dre Beat audio enhancements. Previous leaked documents suggested a November 10 release date on the Verizon network.
Suspected specs of the HTC Rezound are:
1.5GHz dual-core processor.
4.3" 720p HD touchscreen.
Android 2.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense.
8-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front facing camera.
Verizon 4G LTE data access.
Wi-Fi.
Bluetooth.
Music lovers would really appreciate a set of Beats audio enhanced headphone like on the HTC Sensation XE.
The closest competitors will be the super thin Droid RAZR and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (aka Nexus Prime) both with 1.2 GHz dual-core processors and expected to launch in November.
The Verizon website showed accessories for the HTC Vigor.
Related News:

Upvote 0
(another trick to get him to acknowledge he is lurking)

He's def lurking

23220d1319527156-general-official-galaxy-nexus-pre-release-thread-galaxy-nexus-press-release-10-21-hans-olo-beer.jpg

Upvote 0
Verizon Wireless website 04:50 today: Nada!! Nothing about the Nexus except a stupid sign up link. Come on Verizon, post the phone with the specs.

Not even the RAZR has a page with specs on VZW website yet, and it goes live for pre-order in 72 minutes. I think we are going to have to wait for the pre-order date to arrive before we see that for the GNex.

Upvote 0
Thunderbolt is also on sale. $149 + you get an extended battery with it. I lmao when I saw that. :p

Yeah I saw that too. Its funny when I went in to buy my Thunderbolt, the guy tried to talk me out of it, because the battery life was so bad. I am near a charger all day, and coming from the incredible, am used to the poor battery life. But it is an interesting way to solve the problem, including the extended battery for free.

Upvote 0
Thank you! Why did Szasdik think I meant blur? I wonder if Szasdik is really redraider coming back to haunt me with a different name....

Quote:
1. How exactly does a phone with MotoBlur bring money to VZ? A very strange idea.
2. I do not think they care if the phone is locked or not in the long run, it is more important to sell it. They lock their phones down as a step towards business customers who like to feel their phones are safe.
3. They do not care if it is the Razr or the GNex they sell more as long as they get loads of money out of the deal.

1. defunct. They definitely DO get money for their bloatware that the RAZR will have and the G-Nex won't.
2. You honestly don't think VZ cares if the phone is locked or not? That's a new one.
3. So, they get more money by selling the RAZR, but you don't think it factors into their priorities? Hmm, I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

Again, I'm not saying I'm 100% right, it's just a guess. But, I don't really see your points here.

This thing is exclusive on Verizon. That's HUGE! Verizon will push this phone. You don't get exclusivity for the hell of it. Exclusivity is a really big selling point. So much so that I think this is their flagship not the razr.

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm not signing up for the site... Those things never get information first. Anything they send will be on here for at least a day.

Very true. But what if something crazy happens and you can't check this site the day it comes out? If you are a VZW customer already, it doesn't hurt anything to sign-up, as a back-up :) But if not, I agree, not worth giving VZW the keys to the spam-mobile over something you most likely will get earlier elsewhere.

Upvote 0
OK fellas, now that Verizon has confirmed we are getting the G-Nex first (in the U.S., at least), I'm moving into acquisition planning. I'm new to upgrading at launch, so I wondered if some of the more experienced members have any recommendations.

1) If you preorder the phone, does it frequently arrive before it's available in stores?
2) If one does preorder and happens to be at work when the phone is delivered, will the carrier leave it on my door or will I have to deal with that mess (I know waiting an extra day to leave the signed permission slip on the door isn't a huge mess, but I'm counting every day until I get this phone...)? Would they accept a hand-written note asking them to leave it in my absence?

And one more random thought I've been having: 720p resolution is a huge step-up from most existing Android resolutions. I'm not an app developer, but I would assume that most existing apps are not designed for this high of a resolution. Does this mean that most of our apps are going to look really bad? (Think: upgrading to an HDTV and trying to watch non-HD sources, they look like crap!) If you think about it, all of the apps that were showcased during the G-Nex unveiling were native Google apps redesigned for ICS, which means they are high-res apps. This HD screen could quickly turn into a downside if it means that we have to rely on app developers to update their apps with HD graphics before they look good on our screen.

Upvote 0
This thing is exclusive on Verizon. That's HUGE! Verizon will push this phone. You don't get exclusivity for the hell of it. Exclusivity is a really big selling point. So much so that I think this is their flagship not the razr.

Didn't think about it that way, but you are right. Gonna be a lot of Verizon advertising the next few weeks I think. Plus I am sure Google/Samsung will throw their own ads into the mix. I hope they are going to have enough phones to meet demand (at least so all my fellow forumites get one).

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0

I hope you're right! So far, VZ has not acted like it...I don't think they'll ignore the G-Nex, I just think they want to push the RAZR and give it a fair shot before they bring in the big guns.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones