• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I took a quick pic of the Prime for everyone. I was in a gun shop today when I saw this guy playing on this unrecognizable phone. I went up to him and asked "what kind of phone do you have?"

I watched him quickly leave in a blacked out Suburban. So without further adieu.........

The Nexus Prime!!

images

ROFL!!! Okay, NOW I get it. It's actually supposed to be funny, but we're all so wigged out right now with misinformation that we can't tell when one of our own is working us! LOL

It's been weeks since I looked at the OP of this thread. But I thought that furry background behind "the phone" looked familiar! And the story...LOL...is the same story as the dude in the airport or where ever it was.

Nice one CK...except, I'm a little too wound up over this damn thing to be properly amused! :eek:

Reactions: kokiangel
Upvote 0
ROFL!!! Okay, NOW I get it. It's actually supposed to be funny, but we're all so wigged out right now with misinformation that we can't tell when one of our own is working us! LOL

It's been weeks since I looked at the OP of this thread. But I thought that furry background behind "the phone" looked familiar! And the story...LOL...is the same story as the dude in the airport or where ever it was.

Nice one CK...except, I'm a little too wound up over this damn thing to be properly amused! :eek:

L to the O to the L

Upvote 0

Hahahahahahahahahaha! How did you miss all the horsepoop in the first place? I really tried hard to make that the biggest load of bs that one could imagine in one post hahahahaha

You did pick up my attempt at imitating the droidguy article though :)

@grandmadroid I lost my mind years ago. That ship has already sailed......

Upvote 0
Well, it's been a few pages so time for yet another Star Wars reference... make that FOUR Star Wars freaks in here! And yes, I remember when it was just "Star Wars" and not Episode IV... and yes: back then, Greedo never got a shot off.

View attachment 22582

:p

Lol. Please tell me those are your storm trooper action figures.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Off topic but not really because if the rumor is right it creates opportunity for the next Nexus device.

I don't believe Apple will be announcing the iPhone 5 with a firm release date, they will be announcing two revamped iPhone 4's!

Don't get me wrong there will be Apple Zombies who will still buy these old / new iPhones but this may be an opportunity if Samsung and Verizon do things right...and I have a feeling they have a couple of hardware surprises in store for us come Oct. 11th.

Upvote 0
I thinks it's a foregone conclusion that the iSheep will be slobbering over THEIR event Tuesday just like we're gonna be slobbering over OUR event on the 11th... and ne'er the twain shall meet.

I mean, of course we're gonna look at the new fruit phone's specs (and laugh), but are THEY really going to be envious of whatever Samsung/Google put out? Will they even be paying attention? Will most of them ever even KNOW what a Nexus Prime is? Probably not. They'll be too busy showing off their shiny new toy to all the other iPeople with the exact same shiny new toy.

I have a feeling that, even though we KNOW we have the superior device, it will be a hollow technological victory... the losing team will be scarcely aware that they lost.

Upvote 0
I thinks it's a foregone conclusion that the iSheep will be slobbering over THEIR event Tuesday just like we're gonna be slobbering over OUR event on the 11th... and ne'er the twain shall meet.

I mean, of course we're gonna look at the new fruit phone's specs (and laugh), but are THEY really going to be envious of whatever Samsung/Google put out? Will they even be paying attention? Will most of them ever even KNOW what a Nexus Prime is? Probably not. They'll be too busy showing off their shiny new toy to all the other iPeople with the exact same shiny new toy.

I have a feeling that, even though we KNOW we have the superior device, it will be a hollow technological victory... the losing team will be scarcely aware that they lost.

I'm less focused on the consumer of Apple products as I am watching the Apple corporate responce and reactions in future product development in relation to android OS. I believe we will see an example of this with Apples'attempt at voice recognition. Watch the emphisis they place on this amazing new feature of the iPhone

In fact I've herd rumor that the iPhone 6 may have a curved glass touch screen....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The Apple corporate response will probably be what it's always been: lift features of Android and other OSs and release them as amazing new "innovations"... and make gazillions of dollars doing it.

I know Android is open source and all, but is there absolutely no way for Google to sue the badookie out of Apple for nicking its stuff? Like voice recognition and GASP! the notification bar? Stuff like this, and then Apple having the nerve to sue everyone for everything, just irks me to no end.

Upvote 0
The Apple corporate response will probably be what it's always been: lift features of Android and other OSs and release them as amazing new "innovations"... and make gazillions of dollars doing it.

I know Android is open source and all, but is there absolutely no way for Google to sue the badookie out of Apple for nicking its stuff? Like voice recognition and GASP! the notification bar? Stuff like this, and then Apple having the nerve to sue everyone for everything, just irks me to no end.

Apple and android/manufacturers all borrow from each other. It takes two to tango you know.

Reactions: jrob007
Upvote 0
I don't, RacerX. If they've kept this thing locked down this long, they can keep it that way another 9 days. No blurry pics for once.

As far as market share goes: I love it! Let's turn Apple into the fringe OS that it should be, just like Android was just 2 years ago.

I would love nothing better than for Beatweek and the other fanboi sites to run headlines that say "OMG! Android Pwned Us!" :eek:

Not holding my breath, though...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones