• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official GSM Hero 2.1 Thread

Installing now on ordinary USB. Failed on Win 7 for some reason, so now using a XP Virtual Machine and the upgrade seems to be running fine.

Not 2.1. The one I downloaded in Norway was Firmware version: 2.73.405.6_R.

The old one was 2.73.405.5.

The new one is still android version 1.5 and it immediately came up with the FOTA update after reboot. Don't know what HTC is playing at, but it is still Android 1.5. STRANGE

Upvote 0
It's that preupdate they were talking about.

No it is not.

The pre-update is a 4.5 MB update that comes over the air. This was a full firmware (104 MB) available on the NORDIC sites and it is still Android 1.5.

I installed new firmware.
Immediately after install and reboot, the phone requested to download the pre-update OTA. (I had already downloaded the pre-update earlier and installed it before I did this last firmware update.

This is very strange. Anyone found a change overview for this odd firmware update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones