• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official GSM Hero 2.1 Thread

anyone know how to remove facebook contacts that get added to "PHONE"? I know i can change view in people but i do not want to use that everytime to use my phone. got about 80 extra contacts and all there numbers.

It seems to do it automatically. I went into People>Menu>View and actually enabled Facebook (as I LIKE to see people's Facebook details in the contacts) but that seems to get the details for ALL facebook friends (not just those whose phone numbers/contact details you have).

Odd. I've unticked the Facebook options but my contacts who are in my phonebook also have syncronized with the Facebook pictures etc.

Must be an option somewhere...

Upvote 0
I might actually cry, all you guys getting the update and rubbing it in oranges faces :-(
Joking aside, was it worth the wait?

I have a Desire as well, so for me it wasn't (got the Desire from my employer). But the 2.1 features are nice, navigation, google goggles, etc.

When I got my desire I played with all the new stuff for a day or two, then went back to using it just like I used my Hero, calls, SMSes, facebook and the occasional e-mail and TED video.

Reactions: eddysd
Upvote 0
I've been following this thread for ages now and glad to hear that 2.1 is finally here. Hope you're all having fun with it :)

Has anyone with a branded phone received either of the updates yet? I'm on UK Orange and haven't bothered to roll the date forward, was interested to see how far behind I'd be without tricking the phone. As yet I haven't had anything....

One question - (may have read this already but thread is rather long now :) ), when it comes to backing up data on the phone, can I just copy the files/apps into a folder on my PC then just transfer them back on again?

Cheers

Doug

Upvote 0
One question - when it comes to backing up data on the phone, can I just copy the files/apps into a folder on my PC then just transfer them back on again?

Cheers

Doug

In all honesty, I've not found anything major that wasn't kept on the phone.

Contacts, Messages, Bookmarks and preferences seem to be entirely intact.

I did have my contacts synced with Google and no messages I really needed but it was all there after the install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones