• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Twitter app/Twidroid not working

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S delivered and I've installed a few apps and they're working nicely but the ones that dont seem to work for me are the Twitter ones, I can log on to the site just fine on pc and through the mobile browser but the apps arent working, I first tried Twidroid, it doesnt authenticate my login details and says I put them in wrong, the same goes for Twitter's official app, anybody able to help me?

I have the same problem as well. It leads me to believe (total guess here) that for some reason Twidroyd and Twitter for Android either haven't updated their apps for OAuth support or their app being buggy with certain accounts and OAuth. I would have a hard time believing Twitter would update their Android client for a UI change but not OAuth support. Try twicca in the meantime.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones