• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ok so WTF cant get CWM3 to do it's thang

Bperry

Sep 9, 2010
I have done this probably 20+ time and have had no problems until yesterday.

My virus software keeps popping up and saying rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin is a Trojan and screwing up the whole process. So I disabled that and deleted the CWM3 folder and redownloaded it. Restart the computer and try again. This time no virus software popping up saying anything, but when I hit enter the daemon starts but it show Phone is not connected.

I have tried 3 different cables.

I went to device manager and uninstalled the usb driver and then reinstalled it.

I re Odin'ed the phone and restarted it several time. I just don't understand why all of a sudden after I have been doing this numerous times would it give me a problem.

OS I am using is Win7 x64

TIA if anyone is interested in helping.

I will try to redownloaded those.

Unfortunately I only have 2 laptops. I tried buying another cable today but didn't get to the store before they closed.

What is the best cable to buy, one for data Tx I assume, but all I can find is the charging ones. I bought a belkin one but it is actually worse than the stock cable. LOL

Also I tried different USB ports and the damn computer wont install the driver for it.

Actually I really F'ed thins up. I was redoing a midnight v5 install and odin'ed the ec05 modem and the phone froze up. I let it sit there for ten minutes and then turned it off. So now all I can do is get into the download mode by pressing 1+ power.

Then when I try to odin the tar files it hangs up and the screen on the phone turns a solid color. Different colors but it will not flash the .tar

AHHH!!!

I knew everything was going to well.

Upvote 0
OK so all the Win 7 updates defiantly did something.

I used my old computer and got the phone back in order. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my shit.

Maybe I'll restore a backup off of my home server and see if that works, but then it will install the updates and F everything up.

Ahh screw it time to drink and watch some archer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones