• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[OLD Prob.]Still can't login to market

nomanman

Lurker
Feb 8, 2012
Hi,
i own LG Optimus SOl.When i bought it,it didn't came up with any google account.So i logged with my gmail account and accessed market.It was working perfect.But then i hard reset it(i don't know why :thinking::thinking:) and then after harsd resetting when i was asked to provide login infos at initial setup i provided them and thenthismessage came up
This could be a Temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. Pls try again when connected to a mobile network , or connect to a WI-FI network. If the problem continues , call customer care...........
I was unable to use any google app w/o loging in and was unable to do so.After googling i found that hard restet can solve this prob. so i hard reseted again.But still that prob.So i hard reseted it 3 times and every time that problem appears.:mad::mad:
So what can i do now??.Plz don't suggest me to hard reset bcoz i've done it 3 times.Plz help me bcos i'm unable to d'load any applications.
Sorry if this problem is asked again but i need help immidiately bcos i've not used any third party apps since my bought.

Thanks in advance.....

It's obvious that a reset of the device won't fix the problem. Your problem is, the device is not connecting to a network. My first question to you is: do you have access to wifi? If yes, try to use it to do what you need to do. Secondly, can you access any website? Thirdly, have you checked into your "wireless & networks" settings to make sure 'mobile network' has a check inside the box.

Ps. Have you checked with the other users of this device over at your phone's area of support? Maybe this kind of problem has been mentioned before - and someone has found a solution for it. I will leave your thread here for the moment.. while I try to find an applicable solution to this problem.

Reactions: nomanman
Upvote 0
I have been having this problem with my girlfriend's phone ever since she bought it 9 months ago. It is a Sony Ericsson Experia Mini with Android O/S as well. Each time I tried to download an application from the android marketplace it says, "You don't have a network connection".. "This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.Please try again when connected to a mobile network, or connect to a Wi-Fi network.If the problem continues, call Customer Care."

But she does have an internet connection because she can browse websites or play videos on YouTube. I found on some forums where it said to set up an application specific password so I did this but it still won't work. She can't even to do a hard reset because she needs to backup her sms messages because they are all related to work and there will be legal implications if her sms messages are lost. The only way I can find to back up her sms messages is to download an app for for it but obviously she can't download an app since she can't log into the android marketplace.

Please can someone help as we have spent nearly 10 hours trying to solve this problem to no avail

Regards
Oliver

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones