• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

On-body detection issue

Body detection keeps your phone unlocked while you are moving or it detects motion. If you put it down or it stops sensing motion it will lock up.

So.....can you elaborate what is not working?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Body detection keeps your phone unlocked while you are moving or it detects motion. If you put it down or it stops sensing motion it will lock up.

So.....can you elaborate what is not working?
Thanks!

Simply put, it is not doing what it's supposed to do. Even though it is activated, the phone still locks despite being in my pocket and moving with me. And it's got a short duration, not pushing the time limit.

Upvote 0
couple of trouble shooting steps found during a google search........THIS IS AI GENERATED:
Generative AI is experimental. Learn more

Here are some things you can try if your Android phone's on-body detection isn't working:
  • Turn on and off on-body detection
    1. Open your phone's Settings app
    2. Tap Security & privacy
    3. Tap More security & privacy
    4. Tap Extend Unlock
    5. Tap On-body detection
    6. Toggle on-body detection on or off
  • Update Google Play Services
    1. Update Google Play Services
  • Check your battery
    1. Low or dead batteries can cause the lock to not work properly
    2. Other symptoms include slower response times, failure to lock or unlock, or intermittent functionality
  • Check your connection
    1. Smart locks often use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to connect to your smartphone or home network

Reactions: IHateMyTreo
Upvote 0
hmmmmm, maybe try going to your provider and ask either a saleperson or a technician and see if they can figure it out. if you have a samsung experience store near you, they most certainly can help you out. but there are not that many in the US. i am fortunate to live in LA and there is one that is sort of close to me. their sales people are top notch and the same goes for there technicians.

or you can be like me and not use that feature.....lol

Upvote 0
I normally have my phone on a belt clip. It's been a long time since I carried my phone in my pocket. I do remember it made a difference if I had the screen pointing towards my body I would get open pages when I pulled it out. If I turned the phone 180 degrees so the screen was point away from my body it would be fine.

Don't know if you have tried that yet or if that will make any difference for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones