• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help On/Off - Power Button

ok, can someone in detail describe how to make the left side of the button stick back out to normal? I just took of my silicone cover and notice that it's slightly indented over the right. I read the posts about rubbing something with a bottle cap and someone else used an exacto knife but I can't quite tell from the pictures/descriptions how, and taking a knife to my Incredible is extremely nerve-wrecking to me. :)

Upvote 0
ok, can someone in detail describe how to make the left side of the button stick back out to normal? I just took of my silicone cover and notice that it's slightly indented over the right. I read the posts about rubbing something with a bottle cap and someone else used an exacto knife but I can't quite tell from the pictures/descriptions how, and taking a knife to my Incredible is extremely nerve-wrecking to me. :)

I don't see how to make the left side of the button level with the right. I would say the contact is on the right side which is why it is raised up. The procedure mention in this thread is for buttons that are getting stuck under the back cover. Those people are shaving the notch in the cover that would be inhibiting the button from springing back once pressed.

There are actually two similar yet separate issues in this thread:

1. A week button that for some reason has lost all of its crispness and has depressed so far that whether the back cover is on or not, it simply is almost gone,

2. Buttons that are getting stuck under the rear cover when pressed but are probably otherwise in great working order.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem (weak button) but when in the VZ silicon case it is absolutely unnoticeable. I have the 'good' (see: most expensive) insurance through my employer so by the time it actually stops functioning Verizon should have ample stock and overnight me one.

The only problem with that is that by the time it breaks, you may not get a new model, you may get a refurbished one.

Upvote 0
The only problem with that is that by the time it breaks, you may not get a new model, you may get a refurbished one.

As quirky as this may seem I am OK with that. As long as it is blemish free and in working order, IMO refurb is just as good as new. If (big if) it is repaired correctly the problem that may be plaguing a whole batch of phones will not return.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones