• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Callandha

Lurker
Feb 27, 2021
So I’ve developed my first android app now and I’m really curious about your feedback! The app is completely free to play, don’t worry.
Here’s the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=callandha.app

As I already mentioned in the headline, this is an interactive text adventure story app, so you can make your own choices to alter the course of the story.
I’ve orientated myself on certain other text adventure games and specifically added a lot of graphics and illustration, because that’s what I’m always missing when reading good text adventure story games and I believe it pulls the reader even deeper into the story and makes the characters more realistic.

Short overview of the story:
The story is about five girls, who discover supernatural abilities like a special bond to one of the four elements. Laurel, the protagonist, also is repeatingly dreaming about a certain boy, but every time she encounters him in the dreamworld, his face looks unfocused. One day, a shady figure appears in her dreams as well, watching her from the shadows and threatening her. Laurel also encounters four other girls in the real world, who seem to have supernatural abilities just like her, though some of her friends seem closer to the darkness than Laurel might have thought at first gaze. The following days, the five girls meet up regularly and eventually find the way to a hidden school that teaches magic. But not all is as well as it seems. Laurel keeps getting into bad accidents and someday, one of her friends suddenly disappears without a trace. Is this related to the creepy shadows, that lurk around the school? Are they somehow connected to the mysterious school director? The shadows are coming… Can you keep your friends safe from them?

The whole book is parted into six parts and I’ve just released the first part and I’m already working on the second part now. A second book is planned as well.

Greetings, Callandha

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
  • 2.png
    2.png
    710.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 201
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 192
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 197
  • 6.png
    6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 225
  • 7.png
    7.png
    2 MB · Views: 218
  • 6.png
    6.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 192
Reactions: Milo Williamson

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones