• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One X versus S??

Hi,

Im not very technical and apart from the obvious screen size, memory, weight etc I cant really tell the difference between the Z and the S with the htc one phones. I use my phone alot for internet, texting, calls and the odd game. Can anyone help me?? I currently have a HTC Desire and although I dont mind it I would like a new phone, with more memory. ..do you think this would be an ideal phone for me or should I hold out.

Thankyou.

The only reason for me to choose the X and not the S is the X's display resolution.

All other features like more storage and NFC you have to need. If you need these features badly then they are a reason to choose the X :)

But you have to think about the X's size, it's big for a phone.
To step from the Desire's 3.7" to the X's 4.7" that is a big step :)

Harry

Upvote 0
... So i would be better off getting the S for the size. It still seems to have a tonne more memory than my desire...

Yes :) the S has about 2GB storage for apps (stock apps included) and about 10GB storage for your files and the app's data.

This 10GB is like the SD card on the desire. But as you know the S's storage can't expanded with a SD card.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones