• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OnePlus 6T Battery State

Hey all, I bought my phone in Dec. 2018 and in the 3.5 yrs I have it I finally checked my battery state with the OnePlus diagnostic app. And it's at 93% :) I have attached a screenshot of it . So I only lost 7% of it's life in over 3.5yrs? This can't be right I would have thought it would be below 80%. I guess this is good news. Still though I might buy the OnePlus 10T when it arrives in the US.

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 88
Well that battery health aspect is based on your phone battery's design capacity (in your case, a 3700 mAh battery) and the average charge time it takes to charge up one full cycle. One full cycle being a theoretical 0 to 100% charge, the reality being you shouldn't run your battery down that low and it's optimal to not always go up to 100%, and it's cumulative -- i.e. if you were to hypothetically always charge your phone when it's at 30% and then only to 80%, mathematically that's 50% so in total two charging sessions will equal one charge cycle. The more charge sessions you've done results in more accurate battery health stats (more data points to analyze). Every smartphone battery has a set number of charge cycles, and then it gradually degrades.
So that 93% is at least a good sign. But still, that battery state is just an indicator, a more practical matter is if you're still getting a lot of day-to-day usage between charging and how long it takes to charge it back up. All batteries age and eventually you'll get to a point where the battery drains noticeable faster and takes longer to charge back up again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones