• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Online Storage referral thread - ONLY post them HERE

Here ya go, I'd really appreciate any extra space. merry christmas! http://db.tt/0buzfv2

join-the-darkside.jpg

Upvote 0
Greetings everyone!

I just stumbled across this thread when I found I had a "Referral" under my statistics and didn't know what it meant. Now I know!

Join Dropbox here and get 250MB of extra storage (on top of the standard 2GB) for free! Considering it's all free, it's a good deal.

Here's a link to sign up: Dropbox Referral

No spam, junkmail, or anything. Just a free place to put files online. Check it out!

Thanks!

Reactions: FishDoctor
Upvote 0
I can. Because it's got drawbacks: 1) It is not secure*, 2) 'syncing' (uploading) is annoyingly slow for big files. And 3) if you use it to make files publicly available (by copying and posting the 'public link') you get no clue as to whether it has been downloaded at all, how often it has been downloaded if it was, and who downloaded it.

* if you use it to have sensitive documents available everywhere then encrypt those before dropping them in your DropBox.

I do use DropBox occassionaly though.

Data stored on dropbox is already encrypted.
From the sites help section.

How secure is Dropbox?
Your files are actually safer while stored in your Dropbox than on your computer in some cases. We use the same secure methods as banks and the military to send and store your data.

Dropbox takes the security of your files and of our software very seriously. We use the best tools and engineering practices available to build our software, and we have smart people making sure that Dropbox remains secure. Your files are backed-up, stored securely, and password-protected.

Nobody can see your private files in Dropbox unless you deliberately invite them or put them in your Public folder. Everything in your Public folder is, by definition, accessible to anyone. Otherwise, the only way to access the files in your Dropbox online is with your username and password.

Of course a little extra encryption is always nice and I use it for certain files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones