• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Online videos (Youtube, Dailymotion etc.) only partly streaming

Hi there. First post, be gentle (didn't find a thread that answered this question).

Android Version: 2.2
Network: Vodafone
Taskiller Used?: Advanced Task Killer Free
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: No idea

Issue: When trying to stream videos on my HTC Desire, only a portion (roughly 1/6) of the video streams. When I play the video, it reaches the end of the streamed portion and stops while it streams the next 1/6 or so, which can take quite a while.

It will not start to stream the next section until I reach the end of the previous section - so I'm never able to watch a whole video in one go. Also if I try to move to a specific section of the video, it starts streaming again from that point - and still only streams 1/6 at a time.

Surely it's possible to stream a whole video and watch it in one go? My internet signal is almost always "H" when I try to watch videos. I don't get this same problem if I connect to wireless internet.

Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones