• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Only $80 away from X!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instant gratification is whats common in this new generation. I grew up in the 90s and we were so siked about earning money through lemonade stands and such. I fear my country's sake ever more with these kids soon growing up to adults.

If your taking about me...Your worried about a 9th grader taking an AP class, GEM (algebra 2) math, and all other advanced classes who is also in National Junior Honor society.....So i hope that your talking me....

Upvote 0
^^ LMAO your resume is funny.

But anyway, You could make 100 bucks a day mowing lawns. Hit it!

I read over my post(s) and i actually feel like a snot, and brat now...Im sorry everyone i didn't realize it at the time but i know i have to work, i was just getting frustrated with some of the flame. And i am all about me now that i think about it....

Upvote 0
I'm 19 and when I was younger I mostly mowed lawns on a weekly bases before I turned 16. If you live in or near a neighborhood with small lawns, I'd suggest you make fliers for all those houses. Ask for 10 dollars. I did mulching too, my dad got me into that pretty early.

I read over my post(s) and i actually feel like a snot, and brat now...Im sorry everyone i didn't realize it at the time but i know i have to work, i was just getting frustrated with some of the flame. And i am all about me now that i think about it....

No it's alright, you just need to word your posts a little better so you don't make people come off with a different understanding than you intended

Oh ya I forgot to say the monthly payments your mom will pay are insanely expensive.

Upvote 0
Congrats! It isn't easy to admit when you might be wrong. Now that you have, get out there and knock on some doors. That is what I did when I was 12-15, before I could get hired at a min wage job. Mowing lawns and random yard work is a cash cow for a 12-15 year old.

Honestly i'm to shy to do that, and its also like 100 degrees where i live right now.

Upvote 0
I don't care if you have a 4.0 GPA, are a rocket scientist, have a law degree, or whatever....unless you are MAKING money, it doesn't mean a single thing. It's like having a Nolan Ryan rookie card. It doesn't matter if it's worth a million dollars...unless you have the million dollars in you hand, it just doesn't matter. Go out and EARN that money if a DX means that much to you

Upvote 0
Honestly i'm to shy to do that, and its also like 100 degrees where i live right now.

I'm sure your mom would love the idea that you're soliciting complete strangers for money. How ridiculously inappropriate. This is the equivalent of begging for spare change in front of a 7-11.

The only thing keeping you from earning the money easily in a week is the ridiculous excuses you keep making. Stop with the "sit on my duff expecting strangers to give me money" mentality.

Upvote 0
I'm sure your mom would love the idea that you're soliciting complete strangers for money. How ridiculously inappropriate. This is the equivalent of begging for spare change in front of a 7-11.

The only thing keeping you from earning the money easily in a week is the ridiculous excuses you keep making. Stop with the "sit on my duff expecting strangers to give me money" mentality.

Once again, i said IF and i'm not expecting any of you to actually send money, i would have probably felt bad and gave it back...

Upvote 0
Omg seriously? Since Ive owned at phone at the age of twelve I've had to pay for the phone and the plan if it was anymore than my stepdad pays for on the family plan. You kid are lucky as anything that your mom is giving you free money for the plan. I have always had to earn everything I wanted that was extra becuase it was not a need. Most places will hire kids as young 14 but on limited hours specified by the state. And it's too bad your shy. I'm guessing you don't live in a factory town right? Most people don't. So you'll be getting a job in retail or in some form that deals with the public so consider this a cash course for a future job where you'll spend 9 hours or more dealing with people you don't know and they won't care your shy just that you do your job. So it'll be good for you. When I was young I made a deal with my mom and since we live on an acre of land she said shed pay me 20 to mow around the house and 10 to wash and vacuum each car and 25 to clean the entire house (that's vacuum, bathrooms, scrubbing floors, dusting, cleaning windows etc).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones