• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Open DNS filter

Q

Questionee

Hello, my son has a nexus 4. He sometimes looks at things through our family filter that we would not allow because the program (dansguardian) does not work on his device. It works on all of our other PC's, iphone, windows phone, and nexus 7. Is there a specific problem with the nexus 4 that will not let it work with this program? Our router is a customized PC, and has Linux running on it. The program is installed there. The nexus 4 and nexus 7 both have android 4.4.2 running on them. Any help will be appreciated!

It sounds as if the Nexus 4 is connecting to someone else's wifi signal. If the router doesn't pass the address, it doesn't pass the address. Check the settings in the router - your son may know enough about computers that he put in a bypass for his Nexus. It has nothing to do with the phone itself, though - the phone is only connecting to the websites that the router it's connected to is allowing it to.

Upvote 0
I am the son and I got an account so I can say what is happening. My phone is connected to our wifi, and I don't know how, nor can I bypass my phone because he has a password on the router and I don't know how to use it. It is only terminal command. I want to not have to worry about being temped to look at things I shouldn't, so I do want to get this to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones