• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimising games for NVIDIA cards

Mehta23

Android Expert
Nov 28, 2011
England,UK
gadgetblur.com
Just found this tool, which looks like it'll quickly optimise all of the settings for supported games for your GPU. Download GeForce Experience Beta v1.0.1.0 | GeForce Experience | GeForce

I ran it, and it quickly changed some settings, and set things liek AA (which I stil dont really understand) to x8 or even x16 sometimes.

My question is this: In Batman AC, the optimiser chooses to put FXAA on high, and turn off DX11 effects. Obviously the best way (which has just popped into my head) is to play the game with the optimised settings, and then with DX11 on, but does anyone know what the effects actually do? And if it's worth turning them on?

And also, which is better to use out of the AA settings? It confused me that there are so many like FXAA, MSAA, AA CSM something etc.

Help?

EDIT: Ran Batman for a bit with the optimised settings, and the frame rate is a bit better, and more smoother with an average of just below 60. My problem is though that it can drop, especially when I'm opening a door to enter a new area. Would moving it to my SSD reduce this effect?

EDIT EDIT: Just realised that the game's V-sync was on, not the nvidia adaptive. Could this be the source of my problems?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones