• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus V - is it toast?

jbotics

Lurker
Aug 13, 2011
OK, so I bought a phone and considered rooting it. So I came here and read this post - http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

I followed the instructions to the detail. However, once I had my ClockworkMod backup created, I set off to install a ROM. I installed a rom from the CWModapp list. Everything was good there and my then my phone rebooted.

It became looped in the CWMod recovery. I read all about that in the forums and tried multiple fixes. Restoring the back up did not work, Installing a new ROM would not end the cycle either.

I came back to the forums and read about Xionia Recovery. I installed that from the zip from within CWmod recovery. It completed successfully. I then reboot the device.

Now the "Android System recovery" comes on and does what it does briefly. This is Followed by the LG splash screen. This is where it stays forever and ever. I can repeat the process, but each time, the Android System recovery comes on and the LG screen remains.

Is there a fix or is this shot??? Thanks in advance.

OK, so I bought a phone and considered rooting it. So I came here and read this post - http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

I followed the instructions to the detail. However, once I had my ClockworkMod backup created, I set off to install a ROM. I installed a rom from the CWModapp list. Everything was good there and my then my phone rebooted.

It became looped in the CWMod recovery. I read all about that in the forums and tried multiple fixes. Restoring the back up did not work, Installing a new ROM would not end the cycle either.

I came back to the forums and read about Xionia Recovery. I installed that from the zip from within CWmod recovery. It completed successfully. I then reboot the device.

Now the "Android System recovery" comes on and does what it does briefly. This is Followed by the LG splash screen. This is where it stays forever and ever. I can repeat the process, but each time, the Android System recovery comes on and the LG screen remains.

Is there a fix or is this shot??? Thanks in advance.
When you were in the xionia recovery did you go to advanced and select fix recovery loop option?

ROM manager is only capable of flashing updates or patches or Kernels to an existing installed ROM. The reason is it will only allow you to wipe cache partition, and dalvik cache. In order to install a new ROM you have to wipe and format 5 more things. This is why your phone went to a recovery loop(it was being a good phone)

Now for the important questions: If you plug your phone into the computer, does the computer recognize it. Do you get a small USB cord connection end with a check mark in the taskbar.

Did you already install the LG drivers onto your PC.

Did you establish ADB in your system path on your PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones