• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Oreo 8.1.0 without notification dots/badges

Paultx

Apr 27, 2019
I was fond of the badges of some previous versions, they were big enough for me to see and had numbers to show how many stuff to check on.

With 8.1.0 they said it is notification dots. Well, now I see no badge, no number... and no dot!

I have notifications and notification dots set to all apps, but all I get is the usual notification bar behavior to see when new things arrive.

Is there something wrong with Oreo 8.1.0, my settings, or is it my old Moto G4 Plus?

FYI I use Nova Launcher (free version).

I tried ADW Launcher 2 and to set badges it asks to install ADW Notifier 2, which crashed all the time. With or without this plug-in, some icons showed a kind of arrow and I couldn't know what it does or how to change or remove. Besides, this launcher's controls are a bit confusing compared to Nova's. Trying different desktop settings I got a weird result I couldn't revert after a lot of trial and error.

20sf5o5.jpg

So I tried the free Evie Launcher and voilà!

rlc5jm.jpg

Problem solved. Thanks, guys!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones