• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orientation Sensor Messed Up

Pedal-Force

Lurker
Oct 18, 2010
A couple days ago I downloaded Sniper Shooter (because everyone else had and it looked cool). Great at first, and then my orientation went weird suddenly. I have to tilt to the right to keep the scope from moving. Recalibrate aim in the game doesn't do anything for me either.

Downloaded a couple sensor apps and they both show that when flat on the bottom edge (landscape mode) it's seeing about 16 degrees of roll, when it should be 0. I can't figure out how to calibrate this sensor. I've tried various apps to calibrate, a bubble level can calibrate itself but doesn't stick for other apps, etc.

Any ideas? Is this a hardware issue and I'm SOL?

It's a RAZR Maxx running JB 4.1.2. I don't remember how old it is, got it shortly after they came out I think.

TIA.

According to Vzw there is no calibration for the screen.

Touch Screen Settings - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

The DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA uses capacitive multi-touch technology. Screen calibration is not supported at this time.
The capacitive touch screen requires your skin to touch the screen. If you are using a screen protector your screen may not work as designed

Upvote 0
Wow, sorry was just trying to help my man! U talked about calibrating ur screen, so I thought I wld share that with you! Again sorry, and gd luck!

Sorry, didn't mean to snap at you. Just frustrated.

Try un-installing the game and see if your screen orientation problems go away.

Negative. Good idea though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones