1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Orientation Sensor Messed Up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pedal-Force, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Pedal-Force

Pedal-Force Lurker

A couple days ago I downloaded Sniper Shooter (because everyone else had and it looked cool). Great at first, and then my orientation went weird suddenly. I have to tilt to the right to keep the scope from moving. Recalibrate aim in the game doesn't do anything for me either.

Downloaded a couple sensor apps and they both show that when flat on the bottom edge (landscape mode) it's seeing about 16 degrees of roll, when it should be 0. I can't figure out how to calibrate this sensor. I've tried various apps to calibrate, a bubble level can calibrate itself but doesn't stick for other apps, etc.

Any ideas? Is this a hardware issue and I'm SOL?

It's a RAZR Maxx running JB 4.1.2. I don't remember how old it is, got it shortly after they came out I think.

TIA.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

According to Vzw there is no calibration for the screen.

Touch Screen Settings - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

The DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA uses capacitive multi-touch technology. Screen calibration is not supported at this time.
    The capacitive touch screen requires your skin to touch the screen. If you are using a screen protector your screen may not work as designed

3. Pedal-Force

Pedal-Force Lurker

Not sure where you got that it had anything to do with the screen. It's the orientation, nothing to do with the screen.

4. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

Wow, sorry was just trying to help my man! U talked about calibrating ur screen, so I thought I wld share that with you! Again sorry, and gd luck!

5. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets Well-Known Member

Try un-installing the game and see if your screen orientation problems go away.

Thom likes this.
  6. Pedal-Force

Pedal-Force Lurker

Sorry, didn't mean to snap at you. Just frustrated.

Negative. Good idea though.

7. I don't know if it will help ... have you tried ... Inclinometer ... from Play Store? It apparetnly has a calibration option.

... Thom

8. Pedal-Force

Pedal-Force Lurker

I downloaded it, don't see where you can calibrate, at least not in the free version. I'm guessing it just calibrates itself though, not the actual sensor, same as the other bubble levels and stuff do.

9. Hold it in landscape mode and hit the button at the top of the screen.

(You no know EVERYTHING I know about it.)

... Thom

10. Pedal-Force

Pedal-Force Lurker

Thanks, got it. The button is hidden unless you press the screen. Didn't help though, it didn't even really work. It just changed the numbers to 0, without fixing the level.

11. Pedal-Force

Pedal-Force Lurker

Well, I fixed it, by not being an idiot. A reboot did the trick. Not sure why I didn't think to try that earlier. It must do some sort of calibration on its own when you restart it.

Thanks for the help.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews