• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Original Framework-res.apk Needed (Telus)

Don't say original cause that confused the hell out of me. You want the Galaxy S Framework from V2 of the Telus light and fast? You could have reverted back and pulled it yourself.

Keep in mind this wont change a lot...the framework-res.apk is the highlight colour and the notification bar.

If you don't want to do all that work send me a PM and I'll email it to you tomorrow. I have it, it's just there is a file size limit on attachments.

Upvote 0
I guess I could pull it from V2 also. That would require me flashing a Nandroid and going back and forth. Not too terrible.

I mean I wasn't at all uncomfortable doing the framework-res.apk editing as posted on Droidforums so I did that editing at work today on the V3 one. Then I got an endless FC loop when I tried it on the Galaxy theme and the Sense theme. So either I'm doing it wrong or because I need the original. That and I would get more options by using the original to put in that "Flat Black" or "sense" theme thats posted on the Milestone section of Droid Forums. I just wanted that flexibility.

That's why I asked for the original.

LoL. I was just wondering if anyone had it on hand. If not I'll go back home and do some Nandroid flashing back and forth. I was just not really wanting to do it at work because I already wasted lunch time dealing with 2 endless FC loops and doing nandroid backup/restores that I'm down to less than 40% battery now. I need to make it through a dinner outing tonight before going home to recharge and experiment more.

Okay, I shall try it on the V2 one. Or I have some Nandroid backups of my system from stock 2.1...

Upvote 0
Attempt #2: I flashed back to my Pre Light Telus Nandroid... meaning my stock 2.1 setup. I took the old framework-res.apk and copied it to my HD

Followed instructions here:
[Theme] Droid X, Sense, Flat Black + Theme Tutorial - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

put the file back on my phone and it reboots like nonsense. I am running v3 of the Telus Light and Fast. I think the best way is probably to extract the V2 theme but I'm not sure how to do that if I can't even use it because LauncerPro is out of date ><

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones