1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Original Framework-res.apk Needed (Telus)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmo580, Aug 11, 2010.

1. dmo580

dmo580 Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Hey guys. I got the Telus Light & Fast backup from XDA which now uses the DroidX theme.I wanted to go back to the black one in V2 to use the Galaxy S theme.

I probably need the original framework-res.apk for the Telus Stone so I can play around more with it. Anyone got it? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Don't say original cause that confused the hell out of me. You want the Galaxy S Framework from V2 of the Telus light and fast? You could have reverted back and pulled it yourself.

Keep in mind this wont change a lot...the framework-res.apk is the highlight colour and the notification bar.

If you don't want to do all that work send me a PM and I'll email it to you tomorrow. I have it, it's just there is a file size limit on attachments.

3. dmo580

dmo580 Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I guess I could pull it from V2 also. That would require me flashing a Nandroid and going back and forth. Not too terrible.

I mean I wasn't at all uncomfortable doing the framework-res.apk editing as posted on Droidforums so I did that editing at work today on the V3 one. Then I got an endless FC loop when I tried it on the Galaxy theme and the Sense theme. So either I'm doing it wrong or because I need the original. That and I would get more options by using the original to put in that "Flat Black" or "sense" theme thats posted on the Milestone section of Droid Forums. I just wanted that flexibility.

That's why I asked for the original.

LoL. I was just wondering if anyone had it on hand. If not I'll go back home and do some Nandroid flashing back and forth. I was just not really wanting to do it at work because I already wasted lunch time dealing with 2 endless FC loops and doing nandroid backup/restores that I'm down to less than 40% battery now. I need to make it through a dinner outing tonight before going home to recharge and experiment more.

Okay, I shall try it on the V2 one. Or I have some Nandroid backups of my system from stock 2.1...

4. dmo580

dmo580 Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    yuck. i went to flash v2 for the hekc of it and launcher pro is out of date so i can't do anything. arghhhh. annoying!

5. dmo580

dmo580 Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Attempt #2: I flashed back to my Pre Light Telus Nandroid... meaning my stock 2.1 setup. I took the old framework-res.apk and copied it to my HD

Followed instructions here:
    [Theme] Droid X, Sense, Flat Black + Theme Tutorial - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

put the file back on my phone and it reboots like nonsense. I am running v3 of the Telus Light and Fast. I think the best way is probably to extract the V2 theme but I'm not sure how to do that if I can't even use it because LauncerPro is out of date ><

6. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Phones, more phones and yet more phones!
    Earth
    All you need to do is goto the website it directs you to goto and update it. There is a link on that webpage that takes you to the market to update it... and all is working again after the apk update is installed!!!