• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA .893 Update Failure

Yesterday I received a notification that update 5.5.893.en.US was available to install. I downloaded and chose to Install Now. The install looked like it completed but after the phone rebooted I received a message that there was an "Update Failure" with the software installation. I tried a few times with the same results. I have never installed a leaked update or rooted. The only thing I've done in the past was to restore the phone (R3L3AS3DRoot, Option 4. Restore Bionic ONLY - No root). I also tried another restore then applying the OTA release but no luck. I really have no idea where to go from here or how to continue troubleshooting. This is my first Android device (former Blackberry user) and have very little experience. Any help would be appreciated immensely. Thank you.

Current System Details:
System version - 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android version - 2.3.4
Baseband version - CDMA_N_03.1C.57R LTEDC_U_05.15.02
Webtop version - WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-21
Kernel version - 2.6.35.7-g68606e6 vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1
Build number - 5.5.1_84_DBN-55

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones