1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support OTA Update Search Fails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by louiepolo, May 6, 2010.

1. louiepolo

louiepolo New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Hello all, I have a strange problem; I bought a Moto Cliq XT recently on Ebay, brand new and Unlocked. I use T-Mobile service anyways, so that wasn't important to me, this was just the auction I managed to win. Anyways, when I go to the "System Updates" button, I immediately get this error "The upgrade attempt has encountered an error due to failed log in". This has happened everytime I've tried for the 3 weeks I've had the phone. Any ideas what is causing this? I know there are updates available (currently have 1.31.31), and there is no prompt for login, so I don't know what the deal is. T-mobile live chat directed me to Motorola's website where there was some kind of update, but I don't think its the most recent one, and I would like to receive them OTA anyways. Overall, Tmo didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. mitchmoney1

mitchmoney1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    -
    america!
    u should try a manufacture reset. u might lose the unlocking of your phone but you have t-mobile anyways so theres no prob..

louiepolo likes this.
  3. louiepolo

louiepolo New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Thanks for the tip, mitchmoney. I heard today that if I have not created a MotoBlur account (which I haven't) this could cause it....perhaps I'll try that first, then the factory reset.