• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA upgrade for HTC Desire - who provides them HTC or the Telecom Company

Hi,

I recently met a guy, Anil. He's from Kerala and he has a desire from April. He told me that he has received two OTA updates till date... so he thinks that the Froyo update will be released in India too !

I hold Unlocked T-Mobile Desire, with vodafone sim, in mumbai. I have never receaved any update info. on my phone.:(. Kindly guide me if any other alternate other than rooting, to update software.

Upvote 0
From what i understand, HTC pushes out the OTA updates to the unlocked or unbranded handsets directly. Whereas, the other phones that are locked to a carrier and have carrier specific stuff on it they would have to wait a little longer as they would get add the update from HTC then add their own bits and pieces.

In summary, if ur phone is unbranded then u get the OTA update over the air directly from HTC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones