• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTG external drive on music player

mikebellamy2k

Oct 31, 2009
Hi all, have looked about and can't find a music player which allows scanning for music files from an external hard-drive. I am able to view the files on the external HDD via ES file explorer and play the tracks. I would however like to have the multiple folders and albums more automatically organised via a music app. They would look better and more accessible. Anyone know how to achieve this?

Do you mean your SD card? Most music players have an option on where to scan for music... My music players finds music from my old phone, which is stored on an SD card, as well as music downloaded directly to the phones memory...

No I mean from an external hard-drive. The HDD doesn't show up in the available folders to scan. It is a common issue and haven't seen a fix for it yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones