• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclock Droid X 2.2 via Update.zip

Alrighty then.... well don't worry about the deodexed question, I figured it out. I'm not deodexed and this worked fine for me. As soon as I finished installing it I hit a 1731 on Quadrant (previous high was around 1380), and an 18.49 Linpack (previous high.... uh 15ish as far as I can remember). So yes, much faster than before.

Other than that I must say I don't notice a night and day difference in my phone from before. I'd always considered it fairly peppy anyhow, so maybe there wasn't a whole lot to improve upon? I dunno, haven't done a whole lot with it yet, so I may still notice a difference later on.

Question, are you supposed to go into SetCPU and change any value's after doing this? I know if you want to change the actual speed you're supposed to do that in Root Explorer, but I wasn't sure about the settings in SetCPU... do I just keep the max value at 1000000? Or set it higher now?

In setcpu, hit menu, and then autodetect again.

Reactions: Outlaw71
Upvote 0
Ok this is where I am stuck in the whole situation. I ran everything correctly and was running at the 1.38 then froze on me. Tried reboot and everything loads for about 30 seconds then freezes and unresponsive. Figured I would just flash the phone and it would be back to normal but still the same thing has happened after the flash. Any ideas? What am I missing? Suggestions to get back to stock for me to start over? Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok, I've been lurking around the OC threads, I've contemplated one of the 2 apps, heard better things of one but this method the OP has created seems to be good enough for me (just getting into OCing).

I understand the install procedure but just one question, still a little new to Android OS, when I see "flash" I wonder will this wipe my phone or is this just a way of executing a .zip file in recovery? I have all the necessary requirements on my phone to do this, I just want to make sure this won't require a factory reset ect. and end up re-organizing phone.

TIA!!! Great work btw!

And btw - I see OTA users are fine with the clock rate, I've also seen others like Fab with launch phones (as myself) having problems ramping it up over 1.15hz. If this is so, since mine is a launch phone, it is possible to edit the script and change the values like the manual instructions correct? I have GScript so I guess that will come in handy if this is so.

Upvote 0
Ok this is where I am stuck in the whole situation. I ran everything correctly and was running at the 1.38 then froze on me. Tried reboot and everything loads for about 30 seconds then freezes and unresponsive. Figured I would just flash the phone and it would be back to normal but still the same thing has happened after the flash. Any ideas? What am I missing? Suggestions to get back to stock for me to start over? Thanks

This was made not stick after a reboot. Its not possible. You have something else going on because as soon as you reboot the phone, or pull the battery, it automatically goes back to stock.

Upvote 0
Ok, I made this update.zip way before @Jrummy16 made his DX Overclocking app, which is WAY better than my way of doing it. And TBO, I think its a lot better than the Unstable Apps version also. Its just more stable for me, along with more options.

I recommend everyone get @Jrummy16's app. The way he has it set to scale and the choice of voltages allows my phone to run COMPLETELY STABLE @ 1.45Ghz.

Upvote 0
Unless the Unstable Apps version has been updated since I used it... I would get random reboots all the time with it. This does not happen with Jrummy's app, even with a higher overclock.

So if it works for you, great, but it doesnt work for me. Too many reboots and battery pulls. Unstable apps is just that... Unstable. :)

Upvote 0
Ok, I've been lurking around the OC threads, I've contemplated one of the 2 apps, heard better things of one but this method the OP has created seems to be good enough for me (just getting into OCing).

I understand the install procedure but just one question, still a little new to Android OS, when I see "flash" I wonder will this wipe my phone or is this just a way of executing a .zip file in recovery? I have all the necessary requirements on my phone to do this, I just want to make sure this won't require a factory reset ect. and end up re-organizing phone.

TIA!!! Great work btw!

And btw - I see OTA users are fine with the clock rate, I've also seen others like Fab with launch phones (as myself) having problems ramping it up over 1.15hz. If this is so, since mine is a launch phone, it is possible to edit the script and change the values like the manual instructions correct? I have GScript so I guess that will come in handy if this is so.

Any ideas on this guys? I just remember FAB stating his launch phone wouldn't push past 1.15 running the OTA. And from what I've read this doesn't require any kind of "re-flashing" of your current ROM, more or less like an application that alters a file - correct?

TIA!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones