• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overriding security lock temporarily

GregwGA

Mar 14, 2011
My wife and I sleep in separate bedrooms (we are old folks) because of my work schedule. I would like to be able to, before I go to bed, override the security settings (until I get up in the morning) on my phone so that in the event of an emergency and I need to call her (or 911), I don't have to unlock my phone before calling for help.

An app would be OK to do this

Smart Lock could work.

Google Smart Lock works with your devices using Android and/or Google to remember your passwords (including Android smartphones, Chrome and apps, and Chromebooks)

It has a number of different functionalities, including allowing you to set security bypasses in certain places or when you connect to certain devices, allowing you to skip your screen lock type giving you quicker access to your device.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1105600

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones