1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Package file invalid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rugbypro, Nov 11, 2012.

1. rugbypro

rugbypro Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I am wondering if anyone else with the rugby pro is having this problem. Any advise? There are forums on how to fix the problem but not for my phone. I found the file /system/bin/dalvikvm so is this the file i need to delete? Also im really new at all this never rooted anything but for me to root my phone it says i need to use ODIN v3.04. I do not know anything about ODIN but i assume i would rather have 4.0.4 that came on my phone. After rooting is it possible to go back to the 4.0.4? Also is it necessary to do all of this? I haven't even seen another rugby pro have this problem in the forums. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement

2. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Student, Clearfield Job Corps, Diesel program
    Pasco, WA
    ODIN 3.04 is just that, version 3.04 of ODIN. It's not gonna flash android 3.04 to your device.

Also, you can't delete anything in /system without root, but deleting that file (dalvikvm) will cause serious problems, like anything in /system/bin.

3. rugbypro

rugbypro Member

Nov 11, 2012
    what if i already deleted it? can i just use root explorer to make a new folder with the same name. when i do that the folder i created does not have the star badge looking thing on it