• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora and Ford Sync issue ?

mthndz

Lurker
Mar 31, 2010
I am asking this question to help a friend. He has an Eris and a 2010 Ford Fusion with Sync. His problem is when he gets in car to listen to Pandora it also opens his media player and starts playing his mp3's on his SD card. So he will have both Sublime & Bon Jovi playing (for example) LOL. He can manually close the media player, but when next song on Pandora starts playing it starts all over again and opens media player and begins playing two songs at once. Any help ?:thinking:

I too am experiencing this issue with the stock media player and my Sync system in my car. Whenever it connects to the Bluetooth Audio, if there is an mp3 file anywhere on the SD card it will automatically start playing. Very annoying when you want to listen to postcasts through Listen or to Pandora.

I posted a similar question a couple weeks ago to the forum and didn't receive any love (which could be understandable given the uniqueness of my situation). The only solution I have, and admittedly it is a lousy one, is to remove all your mp3 files from your SD card and just go with "cloud" media such as Pandora, Slacker, Listen, etc.

Wish there was a better solution but I haven't found it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones