• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password app that will import passwords from text file?

branhamr

Lurker
Oct 9, 2012
I have about a bazillion passwords on my desktop password manager. Is there an Android App that will let me import the data into my Samsung Galaxy Tab from a comma-delimited .csv or .txt file? I dread keyboarding them all. I have read app descriptions until my eyes were tired and installed several that sounded promising, but so far no joy.

Thanks.

If you're willing to change password managers, LastPass will do everything you need.

1) Export your passwords to a CSV.
2) Install the LastPass plugin for your browser of choice (I've used it on Chrome and IE)
3) Create a LastPass account
4) Import your passwords via CSV

Now, you can sync your passwords across every browser that you have the plug-in installed. No manually syncing necessary.. it happens when you log in. Very seemless.

Finally, install the LastPass android app on your phone. Log in, and <poof> your passwords will be available.

The PC app/plugin is free.
The Android app is $1/month (aka $12/year).

To me, this app has been WELL worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones