• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password protected folders?

Money_Mark

Oct 23, 2011
Nor. Cal
I recently added a folder to my SD card, to which I store family pictures and videos. I noticed that this folder immediately showed up when the 'Gallery' is selected. I would like to give this folder some type of better security setting, as I pass my phone around alot to friends and clients to view pictures, and do not wish for them to view personal family pics.

Ideally, I would not like this file to show up in the gallery, so if anyone has any suggestions on that, I need not worry about password protection.

If I cant keep these images/folder from showing up in the gallery, how can I password protect the folder?

Thanks for any help!

I want to thank Harry2 for the great tip. It worked just as he said it would. However, once I did it, I noticed the file disappeared immediately. Where did it go? Fact is, it is still right there, just incognito.

To access the files you must tell the phone to display the folder. Simply do this by pressing the menu key, and ticking the 'show hidden folders box'.

My Files/All Files/SD MemoryCard/Menu Button/Settings/Show Hidden Files

Any previously hidden files will now show up, with a dot clearly marked in front of the file name.

Attachments

• 1373185310386.jpg
    1373185310386.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 1373185327337.jpg
    1373185327337.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
There is an app on the Google play store called audio manager (hide it pro). You can add folders or pics or videos, documents anything you want to it at anytime. It remains under password protection at all times. In the app drawer the app appears to be an app for controlling volumes. I think it costs a few bucks but well worth it. Hope this helps! I use it and love it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones