• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PAYG internet access without time limit

prepbgg

Aug 25, 2009
UK
I hope it's OK for me to ask this question here. It's not specifically related to HTC or Android, but contributors to this forum are so responsive and helpful and I've found no better place to ask it. :)

I'm a very light mobile phone user (100 minutes per month at most, often much less, with a sprinkling of texts) and I expect to need intensive mobile internet access only sporadically. Since much of this will be while travelling abroad I don't want to get locked into a large regular commitment to a UK carrier.

If all I wanted was phone access (calls and texts) the obvious answer would be a standard PAYG deal where the value of each top-up stays on the phone indefinitely until I use it. However, so far as I can see, this kind of deal doesn't seem to be available for internet data access (except at ridiculous prices like

On reflection, this morning, I realise that I was fretting unnecessarily about the thought of "wasting" unused data allowance. In fact, the allowance in some "rolling" and "add-on" deals is now so relatively cheap that these will probably suit me quite well.

Having said that, if anyone is aware of no-time-limit data deals at a reasonable price (1p-2p per megabyte, say!) I'd be very interested to hear of them.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that information. That could suit me very well, assuming that I don't have to wait 3 months before I can top up my allowance by another 150MB.

I also found this from Three, which seems to say that in order to "get [my] PAYG working as want it to" I can buy Mobile Web Access Add-ons: 1 day 120MB 50p, 7 days 500MB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones