• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paying for Market apps without debit/credit card?

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
My son has just bought an Archos 70 tablet and wants to buy some apps from the market. He doesn't have a current account and no debit or credit card. I may be able to get a debit card for his savings account but not sure. Obviously if I can, he and I will have to agree on his spending and I will keep an eye on it.
If no card on this account, I have an HTC Desire and have my Google Account linked to my phone. I am guessing that I could enter my bank details on his Google account but am not keen for obvious reasons! He is very keen to get a couple of apps downloaded before he goes to his Grandma's next week.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get this sorted out please? We are in the UK if that makes any difference.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones