• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pc Vs Mac - OSX Lion could decide it all...!

This does have a lot of potential for Apple. One just needs to think back to 1997 when Steve Jobs came back to Apple. The company was 90 days away from bankruptcy when Steve once again took the helms and steered the company in the right direction with single model lines. The iMac, the iBook, they brought the company some much needed visibility. In 2001 one with the iPod, mp3 players became much more usable and with enough storage to actually want one. (I had a Rio that held about 6 songs. WTF was the point?). Time and time again they've come out with products that made the public think that theirs was the product to have. OS X has made significant inroads in the OS market, now close to 10% if I remember correctly. This could be something to give them another push. Not to mention it may be good for small app developers to get noticed. I would be completely against this move if the app store replaced being able to get and install applications by normal means, but since it's only in addition to, why not?

Upvote 0
"Apple hasn't yet offered extensive details on how these iPad calques will work in Lion; there doesn't seem to be any requirement for users to use these in Lion. But the hope is that Apple will blend them into the Mac OS rather than graft them on. Just as with the new MacBook Air, the key is to recognize what is relevant and what is not."

In other words... too soon to tell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones