• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root People of the Android Forums Lend me your ears! :)

Number 1 RULE when Changing Rom's....
3. When Possible, use 2G when not using Web & Market
for longer Battery Life.
4. Doing the above will Show major Improvements!

very helpful in increasing battery life. In my experience!

Also I think the no sleep bug still applies, even with R11 ROM. Charge at night with your phone off or reboot in the morning.

Using Warheads, bluetooth on most of the time, 3G connection, and medium use, I still went 34 hours between charges. If I had set it to 2G only and moderated my use a little more, I could easily have stretched it to more than 48 hours. The no sleep bug is still there on every rom, but the easy way to get around it is to shut your phone off before you take it off of the charger, and then turn it on once it's disconnected (or just reboot after you disconnect). It's a small price to pay to have a much better phone!

Upvote 0
Using Warheads, bluetooth on most of the time, 3G connection, and medium use, I still went 34 hours between charges. If I had set it to 2G only and moderated my use a little more, I could easily have stretched it to more than 48 hours. The no sleep bug is still there on every rom, but the easy way to get around it is to shut your phone off before you take it off of the charger, and then turn it on once it's disconnected (or just reboot after you disconnect). It's a small price to pay to have a much better phone!

I'm starting to suspect my battery, because I can get 17 hrs of moderate use out of it before needing to recharge. I'm going to order one soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones